By Dr. Wesley A. Swift
QUESTION:…Would you explain II Corinthians 5:10?
‘For we must all appear before the judgement seat of Christ, that every one may receive the things done in his body according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.’
ANSWER:…Lets just put that side by saying that the Apostle Paul first starts in by saying:…that there is a wise Master Builder. No other foundation can any man lay other than that which is laid in Christ. And upon this they build, whether they build of stone, indestructible material and top it with gold and silver, or build with hay and stubble, every mans works shall be tried by FIRE (Shekinah Glory). But the man himself shall be saved OUT OF IT.
This is what it is talking about here in II Corinthians 5:10., it is talking about a physical world where man builds. In otherwords everything may be tested by fire, and if everything a man has built is swept away still the Apostle Paul tells us that the man will be saved by the fire which burns away the error.
Now; in the seat of consciousness men build up many areas of ideas which possess error. They have to think transgression before they commit transgression. Sometimes it is wrong theology, sometimes wrong ideals, brainwashing, politics and processes of their environment which effect these things. But the Scripture makes it quite clear that the Spirit of God which is in the refining FIRE..the Aura..this is what burns out the error, this is the Shekinah Glory of God. In every instance where the passage is translated Lake of Fire..this was Divine Aura..the refining Fire of Gods Spirit. Therefore this purges out error and leaves the individual free. Now; suppose that all the ideas and all the background of your works are in error, still you are of the Adamic Race and you are a child of THE MOST HIGH GOD, and have been born into this world, you have acknowledged the Father, but all this other that you thought you had learned was in error… well, before the Holy Spirit gets thru purging the seat of your consciousness all your ideas are gone, and there wasn’t even one single thing which you could point to that you had done right…well, what does the Scripture say? Still the person is saved from ALL errors, by this refining influence, and he is now on a foundation of truth, but he just didn’t have anything to show for his time. The most important thing then is the elimination of error from the seat of the consciousness, guilt complexes, fears and errors to same men from areas of transgression. For this cause then Christ came to save men from their sins not to send them to perdition. He said:..I came to save that which was lost. He said:…I didn’t come into the world to condemn the world but that thru me it might have LIGHT. Have it more abundantly. And of course, above all things, to empower my sons and daughters, because I have an Eternal Covenant with them. I not only come to give them Eternal Life, but to give them this power to finish the task I put them in this world to do.’ Thus it is that the Salvation of God is as different according to the direction and intent…it is an adjustment for men, it is a salvation to turn men from all transgression and error, this is what it is for.
In otherwords, if it were not for the Grace of God the Kingdom would not have been necessary at all. In otherwords what are you doing down here trapped in a physical world like this? The only reason you are here in physical bodies is because God put His own family in earth to build His Kingdom, and to overthrow Lucifer. To battle the intense concentration of error which exists in a physical world. After all, Lucifer was already defeated by Michael the Archangel in space, his fleets had been defeated and he had been driven to earth, and in those thousands and millions of cycle of millenniums there were catastrophe and wars, and sinking of continents of earth, and involvement of Heavenly Hosts…all of this was a part of this as Divine Authority stepped in to put the rebellion all in ONE place. Finally God said:..alright the incubator is ready…here is where I am going to put My children. I am going to bring them in, put them in bodies of flesh, and we are going to overthrow Lucifer. We are going to conquer him here in earth. The family is going to conquer him, even the sons and daughters he refused to acknowledge.
Now;..one of the things the enemy uses to operate by is FEAR. And this fear is one of the most deadly weapons on the face of the earth. Fear paralyses men, so Lucifer operates on a process of fear. Then under this instance if they could keep people afraid of God, but never understanding His GRACE, they could eliminate any corrective policy which the Spirit would guide them into. Thus it is today that we have thousands upon thousands of people identified as Christians but who are afraid of God. This is their FATHER but they are afraid of HIM. They have a fantastic idea of what God is about to do. Then all the church gets up and talks about the Love of God, and they want you to go out and love everybody, to go out and throw your arms around the Negroes that are rioting and looting in block after block, destroying building after building and yet the Christian is afraid of God? Not only is this irresponsible, unreasonable but the Scripture tells you that ‘Perfect love casteth out all fear’. It is a bad thing they ever put the word fear in the translation of the Scripture. The word for love in Greek is translated fear in the English Language. The area of respect or service, and love and the patterns of emotion all surrounds the areas of allegiance and devotions…and is translated in the English language out of a dual purpose word as…fear. Thus the people have interpreted this word much differently than it was intended to be. As far as these perdition factors are concerned everyone of these things were inserted out of Babylonianism. But if the attitude of God was to create a massive destruction by things like this rebellion of Lucifer and so forth then he could have done this without ever involving His own household, His own family. And for God to take a chance on anything or anybody just to satisfy a whim would make HIM a monster…this is not HIS Nature. Anything which denies the nature of God and limits God or ends with God defeated, or God investing His own children and then losing them, anything which does this is not only unrealistic but has no Scriptural substantiating support. The deeper you get into the background of theology you soon discover this, and you also discover that there are far more passages thru out the mutation of Scripture that we do have which supports the Eternal Grace of God and the Sovereignty of God. Such as ‘All Israel shall be Saved’ …’All flesh shall be saved’….’All beings shall be saved’…I shall lose nothing’…and so forth, and when you get thru with it I can show you 27 ‘alls’ in which God is going to have everybody. For every knee shall bow, every individual is going to be adjusted..and I like that word ALL…it is so complete. We find this in Ephesians, in Galatians, and in Acts, everywhere God talks about His overall plan. In this He says He is going to reconcile everything unto Himself. Then when Peter arose to speak, after the Anointing at Pentecost, then when he started to talk about the fact that Jesus Christ had gone back into the Celestial planes until the end of the Age, in which He was going to fulfill that which was prophesied by all the Holy Prophets since the world began, that He was going to reconcile ALL things to Himself. Under this situation then, if every Holy Prophet since the world began..in spirit..promised that there would be total reconciliation, total adjustment of every living creature, of all beings, Saints in earth and in the Universe above us, by THE FATHER then that is pretty good evidence that you couldn’t anymore find any more completeness than that. Any Ecclesiastical leader who comes along and won’t accept this but wants to make some changes has a short circuit in his thinking. He has just never thought it thru, or he has never been spiritually adjusted in this matter. There is nothing quite like Ecclesiastical bondage because Hierarchy in doctrines creates these bondages.
Over the years we have had Bishopric’s whether in a Protestant Church or whether in Rome where doctrines are drawn up and wrong patterns of law are set, and year after year they get stronger and heavier in this as to what it says. But after all this is the opinion of these men who take one little part of the Scripture and straight way depart from it.
I have in my Library volumes and volumes of Church doctrine, and about 50% of it is totally man made. In fact I can take you over here and you can find the writings of Cheye Noyon, and here is the writings of St. Augustine and here is St. Thomas Aquinas. There is no doubt that there are great books included just in those writings…because it took St. Thomas Aquinas several books to just get down all Catholic doctrine..just in commentary. But the volumes it takes to write this up is not only 178 feet of Encyclos in the Vatican Library, but there happens to be 4 solid rooms of the opinions of Ecclesiastical authority of this. But it only took 4 Gospels and these few Epistles of the Apostle Paul to outline the whole theology of the Christian Faith as we have it recorded today. So where did all these other writings come from? Well, this is how long it took for men to talk it up and set it in form.
Now; I don’t have anything against these fellows if they want to form all these opinions and write it all down and lock it up..that’s fine. But they can’t put it over on me and say:…this is what you have to say, this is what you have to believe, this is what you have to do. Because I will go back to the original from which they started this hodgepodge and say… what is wrong with using the original?
The fact remains that when St. Augustine went up to Britain he found that Christianity had been there since the days of Jesus. He came up from Rome at a time when the Empire was having some trouble about the collection of tax from the Britons, and when he came back to Rome he reported to the Emperor, and then went down to the Holy C and said:..I want to report that instead of finding Barbarians in Britain I found a great Christian civilization. I found that in their Abbotries they not only had all the Gospels but they had listed great traditions concerning Christ and His Disciples and so forth. They had great buildings, they had Universities, but there were no Barbarians there. More than this he said:..that without having had the advantage of all our August discussions, and without having had all the advantages of our Encyclos, and our opinions, that they were fully informed upon all the facts of God’s Grace.
Then they asked him to sum up his meeting with the Britons and he stood before them and for two hours told Rome all the theology which he had discovered in Britain which was the sum total of all theology. And he asked them why they had this mutation. After this they had this meeting..the ‘Diet of Worms’, and shortly after that when they were trying to press Martin Luther into making a recant and to come back into the church, then Martin Luther said:..when the total of theology was found in Britain it was summed up in two hours. He said:..what one man could put forth on the floor for two hours is satisfactory with me because there was no missing part in this Christian Doctrine found there, so why is not this enough? All I can tell you is that as far as Ecclesiastic Authority is concerned, this Ecclesiastic authority is endowed by institutions. As far as an Apostolic discussion…every minister who preaches a Gospel that was ordained by Clergy..who was ordained by Clergy..who were ordained by the disciples should know that. Someone said it doesn’t make any difference because the church has been a continuing process of laying on of hands, or ordination of the process of overseers from the Bishops to the few churches out in the Isles of the sea and the four corners of the earth. But the fact remains that it is almost impossible to find someone who doesn’t believe in the Apostolic succession.
Now:…the church of God makes quite a big fuss about this, they were a new denomination formed, and they said they were the only denomination with the true Apostolic succession. In fact I know some Campbellites who thought this, and they had only lived here since the Civil War. But they thought they had the only true line of Apostolic succession. Rome thought this also but it took them 3 centuries to find it out. Rome then said that the church of Rome was founded by Peter, but Peter did not found that church, Peter went down from Britain after the church had been founded and there had been Bishop’s there before Peter. He was the first great Martyr of Renown that they took out of the Clergy itself and put to death. But there isn’t any doubt of the fact that Peter came down from Britain and for a while was Bishop of Rome, but the fact also remains that he was only one of the 12 Apostles. The fact also remains that these Apostles founded churches which continue to this day. In fact of most every church you know of has come out of some other church, they were all part of some church, and the Apostolic succession…the whole ministry is Apostolic succession…see? Besides that I have something more important than even that…My FATHER put this whole thing together, and everyone of this race is My FATHER’S child which had come down thru the Adamic succession, so this makes him an embodied son of God, and because he was born of incorruptible seed…the son of My Father, that is even more important than any succession we have had since then Apostolically. So lets face the fact that as far as the church is concerned the church has authority which was given to it when Jesus gave the authority to His Apostles, and disciples. All Christians are witnesses, and all Clergy has had authority…but they never had the authority to change what God has said. They were never given authority to set this Ecclesiastical humbug which they have incorporated from time to time. And some of the most dear people that I know believe in this humbug.
QUESTION:…Prior to the reformation was there any other break off from the Roman Church?
ANSWER:…Well, the 5 churches of Revelation were never in the Roman Church to begin with.
QUESTION:…Does the Roman Church believe in the Apostolic succession of say Peter down to the…….
ANSWER:…That’s right. But remember Peter was in Britain before he was in Rome. In fact Joseph of Arimathea, the brother of Mary, gave the hides of land for the great Abbotries of Britain. There were 10 hides of land which he gave, and this church was in Britain before there was a church of Rome.
QUESTION:…But you indicated that this was a part of Rome? (Roman Empire)
ANSWER:…No, now this church was not a part of Rome, for Rome did not ever conquer all of Britain, altho they did fight over the land. But remember that the church of Rome at the time that Rome was waging war in Britain….Rome was also persecuting Christians in Rome because it was under a pagan Administration, until Constantine conquered the Roman Emperors, and Caesar’s, then he set up a government which was friendly to Christianity. Then because he wanted to be a Bishop, they made the Emperor Bishop of the church as well. Thus Constantine was not only a Bishop of the church, and Holy protector of the church by Title, but he was also Emperor of all the Roman Empire. Both the East and the West because the Empire covered everything clear to Constantinople. Under this then he was the all powerful ruler of Rome. But centuries before this the church still existed in Britain, where Jesus had built the Wattle Church in Glastonbury. Jesus was in Britain at times between the years when he was 19 to 30 years of age. When Jesus went to Britain on the ships of Joseph of Arimathea the tin mines of Cornwall belonged to this Joseph. And the tin ware which he delivered to the far east as well as to Palestine, and all over the Roman Empire came from the warehouse of Joseph of Arimathea. He was a wealthy, powerful shipping merchant who owned the mines, and tin ware production, and who was also the brother of Mary the Mother of Jesus. From the time Jesus was 19 up until He was 30 years of age He sailed on these ships of Joseph of Arimathea and was in and out of Brittany. More than this He not only confounded those of the oldest University which existed outside the Egyptian one in Alexandria, but this oldest University was the Druid University in Britain. And Jesus confounded the Masters of that University before He started His Ministry in Palestine. They not only have the records of this there but after the Crucifixion and Ascension then Joseph gave those hides of land to the disciples who went to Britain, and to the Apostolic following which was there, to the people who were dedicated to preach the Gospel of Christ. Thus they built there this Great Abbotry, and an Abbotry was not only a Cathedral, but at that time it was a church, but also dwelling there were Clergy who would come and go from this place. In otherwords it was Church Headquarters. Of course it then grew with its orders and developments, and the Abbotries are still there today. But the thing to remember was that there wasn’t any church at Rome at that time, and the Christians down there were in the catacombs hiding, for the Roman Emperors were allowing the destruction of Christians. People were being destroyed just because they were Christians…in Rome, while up in Britain there was no harassment of the church at that time.
Now; at no time was there harassment of the Christian Church officially by the Kings of Britain, even tho at times there was in the King line out of Scotland and Wales…struggles…but the King line remained and finally the seat of it was moved from Ireland to Scotland and to Wales and from there came to all powerful England. Then out of this came the Administration which went out to form the British Empire. But remember also that the British Empire is not as old as the United States. We came into being as a Nation on July 4, 1776, but it was after 1812 that the British Kingdom was formed into the Commonwealth of Nations, and became the British Empire. Before this time it was just a British Kingdom in Britain. When we point this out remember that there were struggles in Britain between the Stuarts and the Tudors and others but this happened much later. This happened 1000 years later, and was the result of a little battle over theology between Protestant and Catholic stirred up by Jewish Hierarchies behind the scenes who created this problem. They were behind each and every one of these conflicts. The Inquisition and everything else, because for instance Torquemado who headed the Spanish Inquisition was a Spanish Jew. He was a temporizing, non-believing Christian who extorted and used this in order to acquire wealth. In fact I have the Jewish volumes here of the Marranos in which it admits that Torquemado is a Jew, and boasts of how the Jews became converts and joined the Christian church by the thousands to get on the inside. They said the Holy process of Baptism made an Agnostic Jew on the outside a temporizing Jew on the inside who came in to join in the struggle against the church.
Now; the unfortunate thing is that when Christians permit the Anti-Christ to come in and pit one against the other, they are working to twist the whole foundation of their thinking in order to hold them in Slavery. We should expect this of the devil, he is a pretty sharp boy, he is clever and the way he captures men is to capture their minds. By capturing your mind he changes your thinking, and now he accomplishes something. But you see we are not prone to think that Lucifer would move into the church, but Lucifer knows that if he can join the church he can successfully do more there than anywhere else to block the operation of God’s Kingdom. So in this instance every once in a while Lucifer gets someone short circuited and they try to destroy the church. He is always trying to block the truth or to devour or to injure.
Now; we today have so many manuscripts which thru out the years have been copied and maintained that there are thousands of manuscripts in possession. Every once in a while someone is bold enough to print them, and these manuscripts go way back. The British Museum of course had the biggest collection of all until they had that big fire back in 1678 or 82… somewhere in that time. But the manuscripts are still available in scroll and texts. Many of them have been copied and after that many have been printed, and they were not noticeably tampered with.
Now;..the church always says:…anything which disagrees with us is heretical. Take these changes we have showed you…in the footnotes it tells you that this didn’t exist in the original or old manuscripts, but was changed 200 to 300 years after the death of Mark, or after the Crucifixion of Christ. So if in the Book of Mark or Matthew the passages appear 300 or even 200 years in later texts then this is after Matthew and Mark were dead, so they didn’t write them. Thus it is totally fantastic to think that they would be of an value as to truth, and put there by the writer of the Book of Mark. This same thing is true where it talks about the death of Moses back in the Book of Deuteronomy. If all the Books of Deuteronomy was written by Moses then this shouldn’t have been added, because he wouldn’t have written about his death. They should have put this in the Book of Jasher as the writings of someone else, but not put it in the Book of Deuteronomy which Moses wrote. The fact is of course that Moses didn’t die, people just don’t know this, but Moses didn’t die anymore than Elijah did. We can always prove this very quickly, for if Moses had died he couldn’t have been on the mountain with Elijah when Jesus took His disciples up on that Mountain. Then Moses and Elijah stepped out of the dimension of Spirit and talked with Jesus. If Moses had died his Spirit would have been down in the Netherworld with the entire Adamic hosts waiting for the Crucifixion of Christ and the Atonement. The fact that Moses was on the Mountain proves that his Spirit was never down there,…he never died, neither did Elijah. When you say that Elijah was on the Mountain people say..oh, but he was translated, but both of these men were there. Then someone says:..but it says in my Bible that Moses died…yes, but in a Book that Moses wrote??? In otherwords it is quite obvious that Moses didn’t write it, he wrote everything up unto the time that he disappeared. Even the Devil couldn’t find him, and you know that anything the Devil couldn’t find on earth must have hid real well because you go over in the Book of Jude and it tells you that the Devil was arguing with Michael. He was saying…where is the body of Moses…I claim the right to hold the body in death. Moses is missing and I want his body…you are hiding it from me…so Michael, where is his body?…you are hiding it from me..so Michael where is this body of Moses? Then you read in the Book of Jude that Michael was telling the Devil off, and he had some real choice names for him, and God stepped in and stopped him saying:…Now Michael, remember that Lucifer is an Archangel, he fell but you still can’t call him any names…you just say:..YAHWEH rebuke you …and stop exercising your vocabulary. So..what were they arguing about? The BODY OF MOSES, the Devil said he is missing and I want his body. So the Devil never found Moses and it is quite obvious that he didn’t die. They sent a craft for Moses just like they did for Elijah and the people didn’t know this because they were looking all over the Mountain for him. They thought the old boy climbed the Mountain and maybe fell into a crevice but they couldn’t find him. Moses knew it was time to go…so he just walked into the Mountains.
Lets face it…shall we say that most of these theologians had been brought up in consecutive tradition? The Jews changed the record, and then taught that this was the way it was, because the Jews were now the experts on the original tongues, and languages and changes. The Jews got in and condemned the doctrines and they will even tell you about it. The Bishops couldn’t read the texts where it was coming from, could only read it after it was put into their own languages, and they started to express opinions. The people started to argue about fine points, but then people always like to argue about fine points, if they could find some way to give themselves permission to do something which is wrong. This is what starts arguments…find some way to justify being wrong. If you can do this it makes you feel better about being wrong. Historically this is what all theological disputation starts over…when it comes to…can you, or can’t you…because this is what they are trying to do. Even the Jews get into this, they are a bunch of rascals, they write the Talmud, they twist the Scriptures and so forth. But they also set up a code as it related to one another even tho they are in depravity, and morality corruption, but they had to have a certain amount of code with one another, or they would be fighting among themselves, so they set up a code with one another, or they would be fighting among themselves, so they set up a code. But because they didn’t want to abide by this code, even tho they set it up, you would be surprised how many doctrines they put in their Talmud to let themselves be rotten and immoral. I have the Babylonian Talmud, and I think it is the most fallacious and rotten book ever written, but it is still the official Talmud. This is the Talmud in these synagogues used for study. Supreme Court Justice Warren went down there and put on that black cap on his head to study this Talmud. Harry Truman who was a liar as far as this instance is concerned, but he is sort of a colorful one, but Harry wanted to impress the Jews so he said one of his chief joys was to sit up in bed in the White House and read the Talmud. He said:…I have the full volume set and it is one of my chief joys to sit up in bed and read the Talmud. Now:…I know the old codger was lying because if he was sitting up in bed reading the real Talmud he wouldn’t want anyone to know because I have a Talmud and I can show it to you. Nothing ever written is any more rotten. For instance anything which would suggest it was alright for any man to violate little girls from 3 to 8 years old for instance, and still be Holy and pure under Jewish Law…and this book is full of every instance of violation of every moral code. It is so rotten, so depraved, so degenerate that I wouldn’t want the average child or teenager reading the Talmud. But here was little Harry setting up there in the White House reading the Talmud saying this is some Holy Book the Jews have. If he did read and en joy it he should have been ashamed of himself.
I find that about 50% of the Talmud is disputation by the Rabbi’s, excuses to be just like they are….just rotten. There is no way to apologize for them, they are just what they are.
QUESTION:…What is your opinion of Reincarnation?
ANSWER:…It is the route the Asiatics can take but it is not for you. After all you are not the child of Reincarnation, you are the child of Resurrection. You are an incarnate being, you existed in Celestial Planes far from earth. You had never resided in earth before, but inside of you is the sum total of all the remembrances of all the experiences of all your ancestors. They have been stored up in the chromitin, and inside the genes, and the chromosome. A new born baby starts out, and inside the tendrils of his brain nerves there is a whole area of these nerves which already have nasion electrons of electronic memory there. Some times all it takes is a unit of energy which causes them to revolve and these electrons revolving would give the same impression of memory that you get when those electrons revolve and show you an experience which you have had.
What is memory? It is the ability to flash before my consciousness all the things I have ever done, all the things I ever heard, all the things I participated in. Do you know what you are? You are just a piece of memory. So who are you living here in this body? The sun total of all you have thought and experienced. That makes up the body of your consciousness. You are not only the sum total of all you have experienced but the sum total of all your ancestors experiences as well, clear back to Adam. Because of this then this is why the sins of the Fathers descend upon the children for generations after generations. This is why the only thing which can clear error and adjust to righteousness is The Spirit. Because the Spirit is ENERGY, it is VITALITY, it is the synthesis of LIGHT vibration and can be translated to miliamps of energy to the seat of your consciousness. It is the only thing which can transform a man in the seat of his being, it is the only thing which can clear up his error. And because of this as we talk about you as an incarnate being, it is the Spirit inside of you which was with the Father before the world was framed. There it was perfect, and never made a mistake. You can feel good about whatever mistakes you have made here, just remember the Spirit never made any. But the soul consciousness which is the resident you can abide in that Spirit. But now enveloped in a physical body, and having retained the connection between the seat of consciousness, and all of the nerve tendrils of the brain this soul consciousness of yours uses the implement of the brain organically composed to store its memories, to function in the areas of its reasoning. Therefore you live in this physical body, and God intended this or he wouldn’t have let you come. Therefore you think with the senses of the flesh, and you are balanced by the perception of the Spirit. But people sometimes become so enamored with the physical facets that they aren’t aware of spiritual guidance, but still can be effected by some conscious spiritual forces which God will provide. But they at that time in the seat of their consciousness may not be mentally aware. Then suddenly God activates this, gives them a sudden charge and it can happen in a meeting, it can happen with a word of Truth, it can be made a connection and then begin to pour in. This is why we say…they become new creatures in Christ Jesus. You say..but this isn’t talking about you as a race…well, you as a race just have things renewed to you which you forgot. But the ultimate program God has for all the world is to eventually adjust them and make them capable of understanding, of knowing what only his sons and daughters can know now, but that in the fullness of time. At the present time you have therefore a Celestial consciousness capable of knowing all things because you are Spirit of God’s Spirit, and Life of His Life, you are incarnate in a physical world. And while incarnate in a physical world it is a very possible thing for the Spirit to so stimulate any part of your memory in anything which ever happened from the days of Adam on down to this time, by the steps of progression.
Now; lets get this clear….when we say the steps of progression, anything which happened to your parents before…before you were born, happened to your mother up to the time of your birth with the exclusion of a 3 to 4 week period, where in would be the final adjustment of the final chromotin, the final chromosome, the final gene…anything which was the experience of your father in the 9 months period prior to your birth, and of your mother up to the 3 1/2 weeks prior to your birth is stored in you in electronic memory whether you know it or not. This overlaps and anything at the same period of time which happened to your parents, and to their parents and on back is stored in you. But you say how can you store all that? You can store in a fraction of a gene the sum total of the content, by electronic memory of the biggest encyclopedia, because the layers of electrons are so thin and small that you can compute the smallest area of material mass containing multiple thousands of layers of electronic circuiting. So when you stop to realize how a tiny gene in its iron-oxide pattern carries with it the electronic memories of experiences, then that electronic gene may be 50,000 or 100,00 tiny chromotins, and each one of them is an area of remembrance.
There is a gene which carries your cultural inheritance, and this is why some people are born more rotten because there is probably a physical mutation which occurred some time. This happens sometimes, and they don’t remember in their own consciousness, but it didn’t effect the Spirit, but it did effect the remembrance in their consciousness. This is why you get physical mutations which can happen because of conditions, or accidents or areas of Divine Law or crossed species. But the reason this is important for you to understand is because people think that remembrance is an indication of past lives. And it is a very easy thing for a doctor in a hospital using electrodes to pinpoint various portions of the brain, and just by the probe touching these various areas can have the brain exposed. They can do this right thru the skull now. This tiny beam as it touches an area is just like you are having a dream, and whatever was stored in that electrode layer on layer flashes thru your mind. In fact if it happens to touch one which was one of your boyhood experiences it might be someday when you went fishing, or some day when you got stung by a bee, and it would all come right into your consciousness. You might think you had forgotten this instance but it is not forgotten, for the moment those electrons move around this area, you think and perceive this. Do you realize that this new born babe has all the experiences of its forbearers? You say why is this valuable? Well, any time in the description or any time in the course of the Semantics in which we translate sounds, and set up pictures, the moment anything is discussed as experience, of his fathers, or anything they might have touched with the moment that anything is described, the image that he erects is a reality. This is the reason the history of your race goes way back, and you can picture anything in your culture. All the things as they become visible and form an image to you, all the things in the history of your Nation, when they start talking about how your forbearers migrated to this country…it doesn’t matter how far back they were tied into his history, but you set up this living picture.
Now; they used to say that imagination raises this picture, but now they have proved that you can take any two artists whose parents both saw a great spectacle and you ask them to paint this picture…put them in separate rooms and they see almost the same thing proving that they were there. Do you know that almost every artists conception of Christ…it doesn’t make any difference if he is Scandinavian, or Italian, whether they paint him with blue eyes or brown, the moment you see the picture you know who He is because there is a nostalgic remembrance pattern here. And it runs thru the race. You can walk thru an Art Gallery of some one of our race and even one of these artistic fellows who is all twisted up…and you will walk up there and say…my that is an awful picture of Jesus…but how did you know this was a picture of Jesus?? We saw some samples of this sad art over at Sadalia once, but you knew who it was just the same. The fact remains that these are inherited background remembrances.
Now; there are certain Satanic patterns people don’t like to admit… but it is true. There are certain occult arts which are used, and they have positive and negative facets but they came out of Luciferian forces. People should stay away from all hypnotic processes and schools as such because the largest area of this operates in occult even tho many who made a study of this thought it would alleviate pain, or thought it would be a good thing to know. But what they are studying is a negative practice which they were told not to study…told not to participate in it. What this does sometimes…you get a person under hypnotic control and that person has now subjected his consciousness as far as his spirit related control, or connection with his own thinking process of remembrances…has subjected this to the individual, and now as you try to reach back to the regression of each step what happens as he picks up things? Sometimes history of 4 or 5 generations comes but he is picking up the remembrance of his parents. Or sometimes in hypnotic this will jump sometimes back for 15 generations. What you come up with then is not the experience of this spirit, but the experience of your ancestors. And someone will say:..this proves I lived here before. NO, it just proves that you are a continuing line of life. It proves that you are a sum total of your forefathers, or forbearers. That everyone of your forbearers back to Adam are a part of you. This is why the church is correct in talking about the impact of Adamic transgression. Someone said:..but I didn’t do it why should I bother with it, but you are still bugged by this error because death came on your race, and mortality was lost. And the Guilt complex you assumed has passed to every generation. This is why it takes Grace of Spiritual liberation to set men free. Probably the technology of our society has proven us to be above all others. Probably nothing has proved it as much as when we went into the combustion engine stage. The speed with which we moved in technology and began the milling of engines with their pistons and bearings, and then started to make gadgets and magnetos, and generators and all those things. Now; the principals of the combustion engine were never known until suddenly back 40 or 50 years ago as we moved into the cycles as to what they are now being used for. So…what transpired? The first generation of mechanics were tediously taught, but everyone in the country was interested in this. The second generation of mechanics were kids who grew up with these things around them. They were putting together and taking apart Model T’s and Model A’s, and they were sent to specialty schools to teach them what made them go and so forth.
Now;…you say why didn’t this happen in Africa of China? But they don’t have any affinity for remembrance in this process. But the second or third generation of our race inherited a semantics in their consciousness, and the moment they are subject to this they understand the principal, but that is just a matter of throwing something together which works. And when you know what we have then it is no problem to understand this. Today you can still take someone who maybe wasn’t very mechanically inclined because it isn’t in their background, but they have inherited a certain amount of it, and you can teach it to them. But it is hard to make a mechanic out of a Chinaman. The fact is that the Psychiatrists whose job it is to study not only the functions of the brain but neurology and how it relates to health, and they know this, and it is a vital area of medicine. Someone said: but this mental health thing today is a bunch of humbug. Well, this is because a bunch of Jews are running it, and anything they run, they ruin. But the study of the relationship of nutrition and health is far more important than all the medicine produced in all generations. This is why, when you get a person adjusted right then 90% of his problem is lifted. I don’t care how much of this process you have to use, if he is under pressure and not spiritually adjusted he is still fighting against any process he might use for his growth. This is why some people die no matter what type of treatment you give them. Then there are those who move with Faith, and without a guilt complex, and they are totally cooperative and they survive even when they say they are going to die.
Now; this shows you that the most powerful entity of your being is Spirit, and it doesn’t die anyhow. And that soul consciousness which abides in that spirit is actually immortal. In fact the physical part of the body may die, and when the physical body dies the consciousness moves into the Celestial body…and keeps on going. This is the reason why we tell you that you do not come back..and back again in cycles. But every 612 years an Asiatic can come back…why? Because there will never be any more of them than there was at the time of the fall…until the restitution of all things. Because anything Lucifer took over…God stopped supplying spirit for them. This does not apply to His own family for He stepped in and set them back on the track…and keeps supplying Spirit for them. This is the reason why reincarnation started with the Asiatics, it is an Asiatic way. Negroes do not reincarnate, when they die they are dead. There is a resurrection for this kind of dead, this is sometime after the resurrection of the Living. Then there is a type of resurrection for the type of consciousness wherein Lucifer is embodied, like those of the Asiatics, and then there is the Zombies, the walking dead who are the Negroes, and they don’t have a consciousness like you do, they have a soul consciousness only. This is why it says in the Book of Ecclesiastics…the walking dead …or the dead when they die they know nothing at all. But the living when they die, their spirit returns to God who gave it. The Asiatics under the Luciferian fall went thru cycles. These cycles don’t have to be 612 years but that is the normal cycle. There is a measure for this, but we don’t want to get into that tonight. But no white man ever reincarnates unless a very special instance is created for some purpose…for God can do anything even tho some people don’t think so. For Elijah didn’t die, he stepped into a space craft and sailed away into the heavens, then God decided to send Elijah back as the spirit in John the Baptist and He did just that. Elijah’s brain and consciousness was in John the Baptist, but the being of Elijah even tho this brain and consciousness was in John still had identity for he was with Jesus and on the Mount of Transfiguration. A short time after this they beheaded the body of John the Baptist, but remember this was the first time that had ever happened like this. Jesus said:..’Never was there a man born of woman like John the Baptist’. This was the first time a spirit which had ever lived in a body…came back and lived in another one…out of our family. This is one of the reasons why there is never failure in the kingdom of God because He has destined that he will synthesize the soul consciousness of every son and daughter who ever lived …back in a physical body with immortality and victory. Those who think they got out of something are still going to do the job they were sent here to do, and don’t you forget it.
Thus there is no defeat in the kingdom, for we are the children of resurrection, and not the children of reincarnation. Every once in a while someone gets fascinated by some area of sequence remembrance, sometimes it is something they have heard that they like, something which captures their pattern because their ancestors have traveled there. And they say:…my what a beautiful nostalgic memory I have of Africa, or India, or Egypt, but this is their inheritance not their experience.
Now;..remember Jesus said:…I will pour out my spirit on you, the spirit that the world cannot receive. And when he who is the spirit of truth comes, he will bring all things to your remembrance, and lead you to the knowledge of all truth. So this is the work of the Spirit, to bring all things to your remembrance. And actually these had to be experiences which you or your parents had, so you get the whole history of all that has happened, plus all the things which happened before the world was framed. Because Jesus said:..’Ye are they who have been with me since the beginning.’ This is why He said of Job:…’Where were you when all the morning stars sang together and all the sons of God shouted for joy?’ Where were you when I laid out the measuring line and created this solar system…where were you Job? But Job said:…Oh, my I am just a little man, I don’t know. And YAHWEH said:..Now Job tighten up your belt, and stand upon your feet and look at me like a son of God should…you are full of years, you just don’t realize it. The body isn’t so old but you are, for you were there and saw all this. He just touched the right Celestial cord and Jeremiah came right out…telling what happened over 600,000 years before when the earth became without form and void, and darkness was on the face of the deep, told about the cities being destroyed and so forth. The same thing is true for Isaiah, the last time the Comet Venus crossed the earth and turned it upside down…many, many thousands of years ago, long before Venus came in for the upheaval of the Andes. And long, long before it came in for the exodus out of Egypt and stayed in our Solar System…then Isaiah who had been with the Father said:…I beheld the earth and it was turned clear upside down. In otherwords the earth was flipped pole to pole, one end to the other. This caused oceans to race across land, and land masses to slip, and great catastrophes occurred, and it was back as it is described….. ‘As it was with the master so it was with the maid’. In otherwords everyone was in trouble at that time. You say:…when did this happen? Back in pre-Adamic days in a period which may have antedated the 600,000 years destruction. Lucifer was involved but not to the point when he was confined to residence in earth. But we have Isaiah telling us about this, and there isn’t a geologist today who doesn’t know that this did happen. I am inclined to believe that this could have happened say 35,000 to 40,000…or could have been back 63,000 years ago when the second destruction occurred down in Mexico, or when the disappearance of the cities in the Gobi desert catastrophe. I think that this could have occurred at that point because…the world turns as we do….not into the sun, and when we come to a comet in space, the tail swings to us because the density of material in the tail is not as dense as the planet earth. So every time you come close to a comet, the tail which is made up of everything from huge boulders the size of a city block down to fine dust as fine as talcum powder, that tail could be from one to two million miles long.
I can show you this Astronomically…we know that Halleys comet had a tail almost one and three quarter million miles long. But if it gets close enough to earth the tail would swing toward us. At times comets have come close, and we have gone thru the tail of comets many times. We go thru them like a bullet, and the turning of the earth is always TO THE EAST. As the comet comes close the tail swings to earth and the higher up in the comet tail we go thru, the bigger the rocks and boulders which hit the earth. The further down in the tail then the debris would be smaller. And this stuff which hits the earth is called Comet Drift, and this material is laved down and we can find it. Up in the Alps, and in the High Sierras and in the Carpathian Mountains and down in the Andes we find it. But we also have mountains over in Asia which have three or maybe four comet drifts. The High Sierras have only one major one on the east side of the Sierras, but in the Alps there are several and in the Carpathians there are 3 well and distinct ones, each one different materials. And you can tell them for all the marks are longitudinal. Glacial drift can be sideways, or any way be- cause if it has a rock embedded underneath it then it follows the least resistance, but a comet drift is always longitudinal. So up here in the high mountains as we went thru the tail of comets these have left this drift or debris. And on the west side of the mountains you should never get any debris, but we have two comet drifts on the west side of the High Sierras, and only one on the east. But this tells us that we have snapped thru comets three times, but the last uprising of the High Sierras was 11,000 years ago, and yet we have one comet drift on the east side and 2 on the west. Thus this would indicate that where we have the new drift…this was the last comet contact.
Now; what we call today the Alabama hills are just nuggets up here in the valley, and are on the east side of the High Sierras. These Alabama Hills were laid down, and then the Sierras went up since that time. But the upper High Sierras, the oldest part of them have been up there all the time. The Southern ones are the last ones that went up and these are the volcanic ones like from Lassen north. This is the reason why that on the older ones is where we find the drift. In the new part of the Sierras we find the drift only on the east side, but on the old part it is one the west as well. So when we find this we know that the last part of the Sierras went up but the old part was up there long enough to get two comet drifts on the west side, and the earth had to be turning the other way to get it on the west side.
Now;…the Northern Andes are not as old as the Southern part either, but the Andes Mountains in their oldest parts are not any older than the oldest of the Sierras. But the Carpathians and Alps are older by hundreds of thousands of years. You say:..but these rocks are millions of years old …but they in their beginning were not where they are now. They have gone through changes, and metamorphose but are not now where they were in their beginning. They were pushed up by geological upheavals and so forth, and thus the story of geology leaves a rather interesting pattern. We have a lot of historical geologists like a lot of biologists today who run on theory rather than on facts. But the fact is that most all geologists recognize that this drift which is laid on the side of these mountains came from our passing thru tails of comets. And to do this the earth had to change directions, it had to tumble and Isaiah said:…yes, I remember this, but it had to be brought back by the spirit to his remembrance.
QUESTION:…What cut off the mountain a five mile long path?
ANSWER:…A long time ago?
ANSWER:…Well, this could have been a huge and monstrous meteorite. Comets are generally much bigger. Comets are mostly bigger than our sun. The biggest comets in space are much bigger than the sun. Venus was smaller so we have had smaller ones as well. Venus is a late comet, not too long ago, this is why any occupation of Venus has been relatively late. You see it was about 1486 to 1480 B.C. when Venus settled into our Solar System.
QUESTION:…I don’t understand how comet drifts can be attracted to the earth when it is pushed away from the sun?
ANSWER:…Now, I am not going into that tonight, but here in my library is the latest and finest work on Astronomy, and they will tell you that any time a body such as a comet moves past the earth, that all drift up to the size of the body is attracted to it. There is an electromagnetic flow of force of attraction. This does not only happen ‘always’ but there is not one Astronomer who does not admit this. Then on top of this…this is the reason why the Ancients in the past, in the age of comets when there was a lot of them…they all report that the tail would swing toward earth then after passing earth, would swing toward Venus or Mars or whichever planet it was close to. As far as Sun repulsion is concerned…sun attraction is greater than sun repulsion. It is an electromagnetic force and balance which holds everything in its position or place. Apart from that it is magnetic attraction. Therefore when objects are in motion and carrying its tail this material is attracted by any bodies which it passes according to the relationship of its proximity, and to the areas of mass which is around it. This is the reason Wilkens, one of the great Moon Astronomers today, and Moore and others write of these things. This great moon encyclopedia has almost every known fact of Astronomy right up to date in it, and it tells you the same things about these Comet tails.
Now; it is possible for the Comet itself to be attracted, or to create a field which will break the electromagnetic force of the Solar System and attract an object to it. When this happens then that planet and that comet collide and there is a shattering disintegration, and debris in this Solar System. There was one planet we know which blew up years ago, whether it was hit, or whether it was disintegrated by nuclear reaction, we don’t know. But it is tied in with the Luciferian rebellion, and just why that debris has been saved….we won’t get into that tonight, but it is a long record, and it accounts for a lot of things.
There are a lot of things out in space to account for, strange things like masses of frozen substance. For instance a comet can sometimes attract and pick up as it goes. We not only shoot thru its tail and collect debris but it sometimes picks up whole areas of material such as water and ice, dirt and other debris. But water is one thing which is attracted and picked up many times. Then when it gets into the stratosphere all this water of course freezes and the salt drops out of the ice, but ionized salt stays in orbit. The fact remains that this ice and salt may float around as debris in space for years and then come back and go through the same orbit and plunge thru our stratosphere and come in fast. Sometimes it melts and sometimes great masses come in fast and drop all kinds of sea creatures which had been on earth ages ago. We have had blocks of ice come down in storms and shrimp which hadn’t existed on earth for hundreds of thousands of years then showed up in a lake over here north of Barstow. They actually belong back in the Paleontropic age, but they came down in a terrific ice storm. So what happened is that the ice melted coming in, and the cloudbursts came and the masses of water didn’t kill a lot of the fish…and there they are. Some of these naturalists and biologists said that the eggs were just laying there all the time and when they got wet they hatched out, but I’ve seen every part of that area standing under water so it didn’t come from that. They came in with that storm out of that former catastrophe. If you want to read about mysteries like that then get Major Forbes books, and you will discover he has researched and kept a record of all these things which fell out of the sky. His books are rather interesting, he has scientific journals and records and history, and any time you understand this, then you have to fit this in, and if you don’t have to fit this in then there is something missing. When you find out something it has to fit, so you keep on like it is a part of a jig-saw puzzle until it fits. With us, when we find something like this we keep trying to fit it until God tells us where and why. Then when a difficult piece finally fits then all the other pieces fit as well.
One day in France a strange thing happened. Suddenly something came down out of the sky, and was all over, and then the heat of the sun hit it after the storm cleared out and it started to smell. So they put it under the microscope and it was Blood. So what kind of blood? It was reptilian blood and it came out of huge dragons and lizards. Some were out in space where there must have been a catastrophe, somewhere that killed lizards by the thousands. Maybe Dinosauria carried up in the tail of a comet. But what came down was blood which had been frozen, and it came down and crashed into earth. There is no doubt of it for they tested it and made records of their findings, so we can prove that it happened. A lot of strange things have happened even tho some sophisticated people don’t care to think about it. I like that word…sophisticated anyway, because this word indicates a false status of intellect, they think they know everything, they think they have all the answers, and don’t like to be jolted by something they haven’t thought about. They don’t like to be disturbed theologically either, they like to go to church and hear the choir and during the sermon..go to sleep ..and then go home and eat lunch. This is comfortable to them and they don’t like to be disturbed by thinking about something else. But these things have happened and I have a record of them.
The most fascinating thing was this man who fell out of an airplane the other day and landed in a plowed field. He got up and walked away after his chute didn’t open and he fell. He landed after falling 2000 feet on his back and then got up and walked away. He fell into a fresh plowed field which had been turned deep. It was soft and fluffy and it knocked the breath out of him, but then he got up and walked away. When they came out to pick up the body there was that man over there waving at them. They waved at him and said:..don’t bother us we are looking for a man who fell. Finally they picked him up and put him in the back of the truck and said: what are you doing out here? He said:…I am the man you are looking for. This happened about a week ago. If he had hit water or lit on his feet it would have killed him, but he lit on his back with his weight all distributed, and it wasn’t his time obviously.
QUESTION:…How do you account for child genius’s?
ANSWER:…Well! most are only genius in one area. They are usually talented in only one field such as mathematics or something like that. These are catalyst patterns of strong aptitudes. This is a specialty of your race. There are different types of child Genius’s and they are found in Asia, but generally they lose this by the time they are 12, but this is an addict..a familiar spirit..and it is not good. But in our race this gener- ally comes from a background catalyzing. Most of it is in the field of mathematics. They see these figures, they all line up for them like huge equations. Some are genius’s in letters and words, their knowledge and letters and words works for them, and everything just comes together. Some have tremendous talents in music, and whole catalysts of musical perception is alive within that child. Sometimes you find a few geniuses in art with the ability to erect the minds images of patterns or happenings, and they can translate them into paintings. There are inherited patterns which catalyst thru the centuries. Some of these genius’s are born, but never find they have the aptitude where they have their greatest talents. Unfortunately some people get bogged down with something they don’t want to do, they get caught in the need and supply pattern of our society and they never find their capacity which they are fitted for. Sometimes this has spiritual indications as well which they never find.
QUESTION:…You are talking about having never found their potential, is this because they do not know they are Israel?
ANSWER:…Yes, I think there is a biblical explanation for this. In the first place we haven’t forgotten but have traveled thru all these lands, and even Israel refers to us as Gentiles, which is Ethene or Nations, even tho we weren’t called Agag…meaning Pagan Nations..we were never called that. The Scripture says:…(Haggai) that in that place where we are called Gentile…not my people..then it will be revealed that we are the children of the Living God..numerous as the sands of the seashore, and the stars of the heavens. This is the Covenant with Israel. Thus “Blindness” in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Nations comes in. In otherwords for part of our race we wouldn’t perceive the relationship to all the rest, until they were all gathered, and came back thru Christianity and were regathered. So it tells us here in the Book of Romans that this gathering of so called Gentiles would be the restoration of Israel. In other- words:…”All Israel shall be saved”, by the regathering of these so called Gentiles into Christianity. You couldn’t be regathered unless they had been gathered at one time, you couldn’t be Wild Olive Tree Branches unless you were Olive Branches to begin with. The Israel race is the Olive Tree, and you can’t be a Wild Olive Branch unless you came off the Olive Tree. You don’t make an Olive Branch out of a wild orange branch, and the Book of Romans makes this very clear.
Again remember that you came into this world as a small boy and your soul knew much more than you realize. There was more in those little eyes than there was 6 months later. Because your remembrance veil was pulled down over the Celestial, and you the Newborn child finds he has to learn everything from language to semantic, to talk, and to walk. He starts out with the association of his parents, and then this branches out physically and he now stores physical electrons around the remembrance pattern. But that same child has a Celestial consciousness and there that Celestial mind remembers all the things clear back to when he was with the Father before the world was framed. You don’t remember this but it will be brought to your attention….why? If you never forgot anything and had constant access to this whole realm of Celestial Law, and Spiritual knowledge remained with you, then the first time you got hurt or something bothered you, then you wouldn’t stay here, you would go back to where you didn’t have this problem.
Thus the Scripture says:…you are strangers and pilgrims in the earth and if you could remember how to go back you would go there. The Apostle Paul says that the world was not worthy of you, but because you would go back then a type of forgetfulness came, to help us grow up in the world without this escape hatch. If HE hadn’t done this then every time we had a problem we would leave. But He didn’t put us down here to let us leave, He put us down here to OCCUPY.
In the 17th Chapter., of the Book of John then Jesus said when speaking to the Spirit….’Mine they were in the heavens, and Mine they are in the earth’. They are not of this world just as I am not of this world…’But don’t take them out of the world, keep them in it.’ They are the SALT of the earth, and if taken out then the Kingdom will never come to its fruitition, and the problems of darkness would not be conquered by the sons and daughters of God. Therefore we have to be energized in this environment and equipped and spiritually empowered until we do not want to go, but will want to stay and win. But it takes a certain amount of development and knowledge and understanding before you acknowledge and don’t want to go out by the escape hatch route.
Now; there is a lot of religion today which is infantile, but they do recognize Christ and that is very important. They acknowledge the Atonement which gives them the guilt complex, but then Christ paid the price for all transgression. Being God He said:…’It is finished’..but there are a lot of individuals that when they see all this trouble coming on earth they start asking God to take them out of here. And they even built up a doctrine which says they are to get out of here, and thus the moment they see trouble coming or see Armageddon, the struggle with the Anti-Christ…they want out of it. The more you learn of the patterns of Destiny and History, and from whence we have come, then instead of wanting out you just want power enough and capacity enough to bring this to fruition and finish it. You want to conquer the darkness, you want to build a better world. Now; there is no doubt about the fact of that kinship you have with your entire Celestial family and the whole household of the Universe which is a part of your family. The fact is that if you are a star gazer you want to go out and run around under the moon a while, and then you would like to get out in that Solar System. If you are a fisherman you just wonder how many fishing holes are out there that you forgot about. Why is this?… Someone said:..why would you want to go if you couldn’t get back? I don’t want to go anywhere until this is done, I want to see this thing thru. I know My Father sent us down here and dedicated us to this task and we are going to see this thing thru…Here, and the world is going to acknowledge this. As we understand this program then we don’t want to go. I was talking to a minister the other day and he just wants to be raptured…taken out of the world. He doesn’t want to be any part of this resistance. I said:…well that is O.K. run off…fail the Father. He said: what are talking about? I said:..well, that is O.K. go ahead and run, you haven’t enough Grace to carry you thru, you are afraid and want to run, you want to float around in space and let someone else do the job. So why did you volunteer to come? He said:..I never volunteered to come? I said: Yes you did. He said:..How do you know? I said:..I was there. Ha! He said: but I don’t understand. I said:..everyone here volunteered to come, the Father warned us what would happen, but we insisted so he arranged it. Thus none of us are here except those who volunteered to come, and lots of people know this now, and they want to stay and finish the job. I know women 85 to 90 years old who have many aches and pains, and they don’t want to go even tho they know they would get rid of all those pains that way. But they want to stay..to catalyst their Faith and help. Then here is a lot of people 35 to 40 years of age, and they want to fly away in the sky. What is the difference? Knowledge is that difference. In otherwords as long as they have been here they want to see this wind up and be here when Christ returns. Of course one of the strange things we find today is the fact that if you ask one of these who wants to run off, what they believe, they could tell it to you in one hour. You go get one who believes in the rapture and he can tell you all he believes in one hour and probably have some time to spare. But if you want to know what the Father wants you to know then He says:…I have to teach you line on line, precept on precept, so you can be learning all your life. But you won’t get into the Methodist Church because they can teach it all in one hour…but sometimes a Methodist learns it anyway. What I am pointing out is that you couldn’t point out all those text books in an hour, but that is their disputation not what they have learned…which they could point out in one hour.
I can tell you this:..most of what I learned in the Theological Seminary outside of the relationship to languages, most of what I learned they could have told me in one hour. Other than anything I wasn’t acquainted with like the history of the Scriptures and so forth, as to how to take it apart, and then frame it all up again in diagram, which wasn’t really necessary….the rest I could have been told of it in an hour. In otherwords the essential truth is the important thing, and the Devil is very clever, he has these people thinking that if you even start searching for truth then you are never satisfied, and you are in a bad spot, you may be even damming yourself. Because if you were satisfied you wouldn’t be searching for truth. The fact remains that the more one reaches for Divine Knowledge the more thoughts they get, the more hungry they are for it, and because of this are constantly searching for Knowledge, Wisdom and Understanding. Just think…one of these days it won’t take even an hour for ‘in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye’ we shall think as He thinks and know as He knows and without error. The fact is that until such a moment there is nothing so important as acquiring all the knowledge and wisdom that you can acquire. It stimulates the Kingdom, and for this cause the Apostle Paul after his Heavenly experience wrote to Timothy and said:…’Study to show thyself approved unto God…a workman rightly dividing the word of truth.’ This is important plus the fact that the Apostle Paul knew that all they were getting was not truth, and to get the truth you had to be spiritually guided. You had to be an approved workman to come up with the results.
QUESTION:…This ‘in a moment’..knowing is this for all the white race?
ANSWER:…In a moment they will know…yes, this is the White Race. QUESTION:…Well, then what will they do?
ANSWER:…This will be interesting. There will be some who will be real shook for a moment. But the fact remains that they will know. But when suddenly they know…then almost immediately their soul consciousness is connected with their Celestial mind. They then won’t even be able to understand that they didn’t think right, they won’t be able to think anything but that which is true. The more the Celestial consciousness is connected to the soul consciousness by the perception of the soul consciousness, the more it thinks Celestial thoughts and ties it into the physical brain thinking, the more it does this the more it disperses this kind of chromotin. The longer you are in the areas of the Kingdom of Sonship and Identity, the more these things become a part of you, and it is a part of your whole being.
Now;..with this..your knowledge of your relationship to the Spirit of God and your knowledge of this relationship…then comes the necessary adjustment or change which ever, and where ever it is needed. In otherwords if Christ suddenly steps into your field or your world then you are already going along with the things of the Kingdom which are of the earth factor. But these other people (rapture) who think they are going away into heaven, will be rather startled when they find out they aren’t going anywhere. Of course they get straightened out when they move into Celestial planes as they die, but I’ll bet some of them were shocked when they didn’t get into hell. Ha. Many of them have such a guilt complex and they expect to burn when they get someplace.
QUESTION:…Is it possible to have this combination of Celestial and soul consciousness here in earth?
ANSWER:…You possess it now, or you would not possess any inspiration without any Celestial evaluation. The soul would never be able to think Celestial thoughts. This is why you are a dweller in two planes, in the Spirit and in the Flesh. You are a child of The Father after the Spirit and a child of Adam after the Flesh, who was also a son of God. We are thus still the household of the MOST HIGH in the spirit, as well as in the flesh. But the fact is that you can dwell in both dimensions, and the consciousness as it becomes more spiritually guided it is ruled by the Spirit.
QUESTION:…Should we be thanking Him for this?
ANSWER:…Thankfulness is good, command is also good, and you do have the power to command…you have been given the power to command.
QUESTION:…How do you command?
ANSWER:…Now, you are getting into a long subject and there is no time for that tonight. But there are certain areas where you have been told that you can command and even given the names of the formula by which you can command. After all remember that this race…the sons and daughters of God …were sent down here to conquer the darkness, to rule the world, to drive back the forces of evil. More than this we were to meet them in every dimension. If they come physically whether by war, or by trying to capture our minds, we meet them with truth, but if they try to meet us with dark forces and temptation then we meet them with spiritual power. For this cause God raised up Prophets, He raises up Ministers and Teachers. He also communicates and spreads power over His people. And He raises points of polarization for this. As long as a person of this race.. ..this family of God..is who he is there is always this cognition even tho he doesn’t fully realize that it is there. This is why the Spirit knows what you have need of and prays thru you for the things you have need of.. ..by ‘Vibration which can’t be uttered’. The King James Version of this is awful translation and it says here:..’with horrible groanings which cannot be uttered’. Romans 8:26. This is the word…groanings…used here in the Vulgate as well, but it is…VIBRATIONS which cannot be heard. Thus the Spirit speaks with vibrations which cannot be heard.
QUESTION:…The Psalmist says….All Israelites are Gods?
ANSWER:…The 82nd Psalm says:..Ye are Gods and all of you are the children of God. The words in the text:…’Ye are Elohim and all of you are the children of YAHWEH’. Offspring of YAHWEH…Gods plural.
QUESTION:…But Isaiah says:…’Hear O Israel the Lord thy God is one God’.
ANSWER:…Oh, now you are talking abut the entity. ‘Hear O Israel YAHWEH alone is YAH’. There is only one God of the Universe but if God has off- spring then what are they? They are the sons of God’s Divine people, and He alone remains above all, and for all times. The fact still remains that He Himself said that you are His offspring, therefore you would be Gods using that interpretation. When we say ONE GOD we are talking about HE being ONE there is all the other gods such as Kali, and Buddha, and Baalie, and Dragon and so forth, all these gods that people conjured up and worship are no gods at all. HE said:…’Is there any God beside me, no there is not any …I alone am God…I alone made the Universe and set the stars in their positions…I alone order the course of their orbits and I alone prepared the earth…I alone put man upon it.’ This is what it is talking about, not trying to deny your relationship with the Father.
QUESTION:…Why was it that the Lord accepted Abel’s offering when he was the second born?
ANSWER:…Abel was the next one born to Eve, after Cain but he was the first offspring of Adam and Eve. There was contamination there and he could never have carried down the posterity of the Kingdom but he had spiritual capacity in that he had some of is fathers and mothers normal perception. More than this he knew of the degradation of the fall because he knew they had been driven out of the Garden, and he also knew what was a proper sacrifice.
Altho Abel tilled the soil he also kept flocks and he fulfilled the prophecy of sacrifice. But Cain who had no spiritual concepts at all because he was Luciferian, had gained some knowledge of the soil, but he wouldn’t bother to fulfill any of the requirements of covenant because he had no spiritual capacity at all, he was Lucifers son. Cain killed Abel because he was jealous that Abel could reach God and he could not.
QUESTION:…Abel could reach God even tho the contamination did exist? ANSWER:…Yes, but this contamination only effected the line until the days of Seth. But the preservation of the Kingdom came down thru the Seth lineage. This is why the genealogy of Jesus goes thru Seth to Adam, not thru any other.
QUESTION:…Would you explain..’All are not all Israel’..who are of Israel?
ANSWER:…This passage which says:..’They are not all Israel which are of Israel’. Romans 9:6. This refers to the fact that for instance the posterity of Esau’s was sowed into the hill peoples and even to the hill of the Satyr, therefore they are not God’s Israel.
In otherwords the moment you sow seed outside of your race it makes those offspring…not Israel, issue ruling with God. It would not be that same seed after that absorption, and you could not bring them back for ten generations and you would have to pollute ten generations to even try to bring them back, and no ten generations would be willing to do this. This is to show what the route is.
Remember that some of the Jews (Yehudin) in the days of Rehoboam came in saying:…we are also of thy race, descendants of Judah. These were bad kikes..advisors to the King, and they came in from the hill country and tried to buy their way into power. And Rehoboam listened to these young wealthy strangers rather than to the old men, and this brought trouble into Israel. This was also part of the problem in the ten tribed Kingdom..Jewish advisors..just like we have again today.
But even in the days of Zedekiah they were in this and the Kingdom became participants of some of their Babylonianism. The thing is..here were some people who by a dim remote pattern could say that they had some Ancient relationship to Judah. For instance Judah had offspring from this forbidden woman, and this offspring was driven away from Israel, or this woman was driven away and she took this child down to the hill country. Then it was generations before they decided they would try to come back. Now they were a wealthy tribe of people and they came in claiming some Ancient heritage. They shouldn’t have even been allowed back in the land, and yet here they were claiming to be part of Israel, when they couldn’t be of Israel.
THE GOSPEL OF NICODEMUS
ACTS OF PILATE
Prologue: I, Ananias, an officer of the guard, being learned in the law, came to know our Lord Jesus Christ from the sacred scriptures, which I approached with faith, and was accounted worthy of holy baptism. And having searched for the reports made at that period in the time of our Lord Jesus Christ <and for that>, which the Jews committed to writing under Pontius Pilate, I found these acts in the Hebrew language and according to God’s good pleasure I translated them into Greek for the information of all those who call upon the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, in the eighteenth year of the reign of our Emperor Flavius Theodosius and in the fifth year of the ‘Nobility’ of Flavius Valentinianus, in the ninth indictment. Therefore all you who read this and copy it out, remember me and pray for me that God may be gracious to me and forgive my sins which I have sinned against him. Peace be to those who read and hear it, and to their servants. Amen.
In the nineteenth year of the reign of the Roman Emperor Tiberius, when Herod was king of Galilee, in the nineteenth year of his rule, on the eighth day before the Kalends of April, that is, the 25th of March, in the consulate of Rufus and Rubellio, in the fourth year of the two hundred and second Olympiad, when Joseph Caiaphas was high priest of the Jews.
What Nicodemus after the passion of the Lord upon the cross recorded and delivered concerning the conduct of the chief priests and the rest of the Jews‑‑and the same Nicodemus drew up his records in the Hebrew language‑‑runs approximately as follows:
1. The chief priests and scribes assembled in council, Annas and Caiaphas, Semes, Dathaes and Gamaliel, Judas, Levi and Nephthalim, Alexander and Jairus and the rest of the Jews, and came to Pilate accusing Jesus of many deeds. They said: ‘We know that this man is the son of Joseph the carpenter and was born of Mary; but he says his is the Son of God and a king. Moreover he pollutes the Sabbath and wishes to destroy the law of our father.’
Pilate said: ‘And what things does he do that he wishes to destroy it?’ The Jews say: ‘We have a law that we should not heal anyone on the Sabbath. But this man with his evil deeds has healed on the Sabbath the lame, the bent, the withered, the blind, the paralytic, and the possessed.’ Pilate asked them: ‘With what evil deeds?’ They answered him: ‘He is a sorcerer, and by Beelzebub the prince of the devils he casts out evil spirits, and all are subject to him.’ Pilate said to them: ‘This is not to cast out demons by an unclean spirit, but by the god Asclepius.’
2. The Jews said to Pilate: ‘We beseech your excellency to place him before your judgement‑seat and to try him.’ And Pilate called them to him and said: ‘Tell me! How can I, a governor, examine a king?’ They answered: ‘We do not say that he is a king, but he says his is.’ And Pilate summoned his messenger and said to him: ‘Let Jesus be brought with gentleness.’ So the messenger went out, and when he perceived him, he did him reverence, and taking the kerchief which was in his hand, he spread it upon the ground, and said to him: ‘Lord, walk on this and go in, for the governor calls you.’ But when the Jews saw what the messenger had done, they cried out against Pilate and said: ‘Why did you not order him to come in by a herald, but by a messenger? For as soon as he saw him the messenger reverenced him, and spread out his kerchief on the ground, and made him walk on it like a king.’
3.Then Pilate called for the messenger and said to him: ‘Why have you done this, and spread your kerchief on the ground and made Jesus walk on it?’ The messenger answered him: ‘Lord governor, when you sent me to Jerusalem to Alexander, I saw him sitting on an ass, and the children of the Hebrews held branches in their hands and cried out; and others spread their garments before him, saying: ‘Save now, thou that art in the highest! Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord!’
4. The Jews cried out to the messenger: ‘The children of the Hebrews cried out in Hebrew; how do you know it in Greek?’ The messenger replied: ‘I asked one of the Jews, and said: ‘What is it that they cry in Hebrew? And he interpreted it to me.’ Pilate said to them: ‘And what did they cry out in Hebrew?’ The Jews answered: ‘Hosanna membrome baruchamma Adonai.’ Pilate asked again: ‘And the Hosanna and the rest, how is it translated?’ The Jews replied: ‘Save now, thou that art in the highest. Blessed is he that comes in the name of the Lord.’ Pilate said to them: ‘If you testify to the words of the children, what sin has the messenger committed?’ And they were silent. The governor said to the messenger: ‘Go out and bring him in whatever way you wish.’ And the messenger went out and did as before and said to Jesus: ‘Enter, the governor calls you.’
5. Now when Jesus entered in, and the standard‑bearers were holding the standards, the images of the emperor on the standards bowed and did reverence to Jesus. And when the Jews saw the behavior of the standards, how they bowed down and did reverence to Jesus, they cried out loudly against the standard‑bearers. But Pilate said to them: ‘Do you not marvel how the images bowed and did reverence to Jesus?’ The Jews said to Pilate: ‘We saw how the standard‑bearers lowered them and reverenced him.’ And the governor summoned the standard‑bearers and asked them: ‘Why did you do this?’ They answered: ‘We are Greeks and servers of temples, and how could we reverence him? We held the images; but they bowed down of their own accord and reverenced him.’
6. Then Pilate said to the rulers of the synagogue and the elders of the people: ‘Choose strong men to carry the standards, and let us see whether the images bow by themselves.’ So the elders of the Jews took twelve strong men and made them carry the standards by sixes, and they were placed before the judgment‑seat of the governor. And Pilate said to the messenger: ‘Take him out of the Praetorium and bring him in again in whatever way you wish.’ And Jesus left the praetorium with the messenger. And Pilate summoned those who before carried the images, and said to them: ‘I have sworn by the safety of Caesar that, if the standards do not bow down when Jesus enters, I will cut off your heads.’ And the governor commanded Jesus to enter in the second time. And the messenger did as before and besought Jesus to walk upon his kerchief. He walked upon it and entered in. And when he had entered in, the standards bowed down again and did reverence to Jesus.
II–1. When Pilate saw this he was afraid, and sought to rise from the judgement‑seat. And while he was still thinking of rising up, his wife sent to him saying: Have nothing to do with this righteous man. For I have suffered many things because of him by night (Mt. 27:19). And Pilate summoned all the Jews, and stood up and said to them: ‘You know that my wife fears God and favors rather the customs of the Jews, with you.’ They answered him: ‘Yes, we know it.’ Pilate said to them: ‘See, my wife sent to me saying: Have nothing to do with this righteous man. For I have suffered many things because of him by night.’ The Jews answered Pilate: ‘Did we not tell you that he is a sorcerer? Behold, he has sent a dream to your wife.’
2. And Pilate called Jesus to him and said to him: ‘What do these men testify against you? Do you say nothing?’ Jesus answered: ‘If they had no power, they would say nothing; for each man has power over his own mouth, to speak good and evil. They shall see (to it).’
3. Then the elders of the Jews answered and said to Jesus: ‘What should we see? firstly, that you were born of fornication; secondly, that your birth meant the death of the children in Bethlehem; thirdly, that your father Joseph and your mother Mary fled into Egypt because they counted for nothing among the people.’
4. Then declared some of the Jews that stood by, devout men: ‘We deny that he came of fornication, for we know that Joseph was betrothed to Mary, and he was not born of fornication.’ Pilate then said to the Jews who said that he came of fornication: ‘Your statement is not true; for there was a betrothal, as your own fellow‑countrymen say.’ Annas and Caiaphas say to Pilate: ‘We, the whole multitude, cry out that he was born of fornication, and we are not believed; these are proselytes and disciples of his.’ And Pilate called to him Annas and Caiaphas and said to them: ‘What are proselytes?’ They answered: ‘They were born children of Greeks, and now have become Jews.’ Then said those who said that he was not born of fornication, namely Lazarus, Asterius, Antonius, Jacob, Amnes, Zeras, Samuel, Isaac, Phinees, Crispus, Agrippa, and Judas: ‘We are not proselytes, but are children of Jews and speak the truth; for we were present at the betrothal of Joseph and Mary.’
5. And Pilate called to him these twelve men who denied that he was born of fornication, and said to them: ‘I put you on your oath, by the safety of Caesar, that your statement is true, that he was not born of fornication.’ They said to Pilate: ‘We have a law, not to swear, because it is a sin. But let them swear by the safety of Caesar that it is not as we have said, and we will be worthy of death.’ Pilate said to Annas and Caiaphas: ‘Do you not answer these things?’ And Annas and Caiaphas said to Pilate: ‘These twelve men are believed (who say) that he was not born of fornication, and is a sorcerer, and claims to be the Son of God and a king, and we are not believed.’
6. And Pilate sent out the whole multitude, except the twelve men who denied that he was born of fornication, and commanded Jesus to be set apart. And he asked them: ‘For what cause do they wish to kill him?’ They answered Pilate: ‘They are incensed because he heals on the Sabbath.’ Pilate said: ‘For a good work do they wish to kill him?’ They answered him: ‘Yes.’
III– And Pilate was filled with anger and went out of the praetorium and said to them: ‘I call the sun to witness that I find no fault in this man.’ The Jews answered and said to the governor: ‘If this man were not an evildoer, we would not have handed him over to you’ (Jn.18:31). Pilate said: ‘Has God forbidden you to slay, but allowed me?’
2. And Pilate entered the praetorium again and called Jesus apart and asked him: ‘Are you the king of the Jews?’ Jesus answered Pilate: ‘Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about me?’ Pilate answered Jesus: ‘Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have handed you over to me. What have you done?’ Jesus answered: ‘My kingship is not of this world; for if my kingship were of this world, my servants would fight, that I might not be handed over to the Jews. But now is my kingship not from here.’ Pilate said to him: ‘So you are a king?’ Jesus answered him: ‘You say that I am a king. For this cause I was born and have come, that every one who is of the truth should hear my voice.’ Pilate said to him: ‘What is truth?’ (Jn. 18:33‑38). Jesus answered him: ‘Truth is from heaven.’ Pilate said: ‘Is there not truth upon earth?’ Jesus said to Pilate: ‘You see how those who speak the truth are judged by those who have authority on earth.’
IV. And Pilate left Jesus in the praetorium and went out to the Jews and said to them: ‘I find no fault in him. The Jews said to him: ‘He said: I am able to destroy this temple and build it in three days’ (Mt. 26:61). Pilate said: ‘What temple?’ The Jews said: ‘That which Solomon built in forty‑six years; but this man says he will destroy it and build it in three days.’ Pilate said to them: ‘I am innocent of the blood of this righteous man; see to it yourselves.’ The Jews replied: ‘His blood be on us and on our children’ (Mt. 27:24).
2. And Pilate called to him the elders and the priests and the Levites and said to them secretly: ‘Do not act thus; for nothing of which you have accused him deserves death. For your accusation concerns healing and profanation of the Sabbath.’ The elders and the priests and the Levites answered: ‘If a man blasphemes against Caesar, is he worthy of death or not?’ Pilate said: ‘He is worthy of death.’ The Jews said to Pilate: ‘If a man blasphemes against Caesar, he is worthy of death, but this man has blasphemed against God.’
3. Then the governor commanded the Jews to go out from the praetorium, and he called Jesus to him and said to him: ‘What shall I do with you?’ Jesus answered Pilate: ‘As it was given to you.’ Pilate said: ‘How was it given?’ Jesus said: ‘Moses and the prophets foretold my death and resurrection.’ The Jews had been eavesdropping and heard, and they said to Pilate: ‘What further need have you to hear of this blasphemy?’ Pilate said to the Jews: ‘If this word is blasphemy, take him, bring him into your synagogue and judge him according to your law’ (Jn. 18:31). The Jews answered Pilate: ‘It is contained in our law, that if a man sins against a man, he must receive forty strokes save one, but he who blasphemes against God must be stoned.’
4. Pilate said to them: ‘Take him yourselves and punish him as you wish.’ The Jews said to Pilate: ‘We wish him to be crucified.’ Pilate said: ‘He does not deserve to be crucified.’
5. The governor looked at the multitudes of the Jews standing around, and when he saw many of the Jews weeping, he said: ‘Not all the multitude wishes him to die.’ But the elders of the Jews said: ‘For this purpose has the whole multitude of us come, that he should die.’ Pilate said to the Jews: ‘Why should he die?’ The Jews said: ‘Because he called himself the Son of God and a king.’
V. Now Nicodemus, a Jew, stood before the governor, and said: ‘I beseech you, honorable (governor), to allow me a few words.’ Pilate said: ‘Speak.’ Nicodemus said: ‘I said to the elders and the priests and the Levites and to all the multitude in the synagogue: What do you intend (to do) with this man? This man does many signs and wonders, which no one has done nor will do. Let him alone and contrive no evil against him. If the signs which he does are from God, they will stand; if they are from men, they will come to nothing (Acts 5:38). For Moses also, when he was sent by God into Egypt, did many signs which God commanded him to do before Pharaoh, king of Egypt. And there were there servants of Pharaoh, Jannes and Jambres, and they also did signs not a few which Moses did, and the Egyptians held them as gods, Jannes and Jambres. And since the signs which they did were not from God, they perished themselves and those who believed them. And now let this man go, for he does not deserve death.’
2. The Jews said to Nicodemus: ‘You became his disciple and speak on his behalf.’ Nicodemus answered them: ‘Has the governor also become his disciple, and speaks on his behalf? Did not Caesar appoint him to this high office?’ Then the Jews raged and gnashed their teeth against Nicodemus. Pilate said to them: ‘Why do you gnash your teeth against him, when you hear the truth?’ The Jews said to Nicodemus: ‘Receive his truth and his portion.’ Nicodemus said: ‘Amen, may it be as you have said.’
VI. Then one of the Jews hastened forward and asked the governor that he might speak a word. The governor said: ‘If you wish to say anything, say it.’ And the Jew said: ‘For thirty‑eight years I lay on a bed in anguish of pains, and when Jesus came many demonics and those lying sick of diverse diseases were healed by him. And certain young men took pity on me and carried me with my bed and brought me to him. And when Jesus saw me he had compassion, and spoke a word to me: Take up your bed and walk. And I took up my bed and walked’ (Mk.2:1 Jn.5:1). The Jews said to Pilate: ‘Ask him what day it was on which he was healed.’ He that was healed said: ‘On a Sabbath.’ The Jews said: ‘Did we not inform you so, that on the Sabbath he heals and casts out demons?’
2. And another Jew hastened forward and said: ‘I was born blind; I heard any man’s voice, but did not see his face. And as Jesus passed by I cried with a loud voice: Have mercy on me, Son of David. And he took pity on me and put his hands on my eyes and I saw immediately’ (Mk.10:46). And another Jew hastened forward and said: ‘I was bowed, and he made me straight with a word.’ And another said: ‘I was a leper, and he healed me with a word.’
VII. And a woman called Bernice (Latin: Veronica) crying out from a distance said: ‘I had an issue of blood and I touched the hem of his garment, and the issue of blood, which had lasted twelve years, ceased’ (Mk.5:25). The Jews said: ‘We have a law not to permit a woman to give testimony.’
VIII. And others, a multitude of men and women, cried out: ‘This man is a prophet, and the demons are subject to him.’ Pilate said to those who said the demons were subject to him: ‘Why are your teachers also not subject to him?’ They said to Pilate: ‘We do not know.’ Others said: ‘Lazarus who was dead he raised up out of the tomb after four days.’ Then the governor began to tremble and said to all the multitude of the Jews: ‘Why do you wish to shed innocent blood?’
IX. And he called to him Nicodemus and the twelve men who said he was not born of fornication and said to them: ‘What shall I do? The people are becoming rebellious.’ They answered him: ‘We do not know. Let them see to it.’ Again Pilate called all the multitude of the Jews and said: ‘You know the custom that at the feast of unleavened bread a prisoner is released to you. I have in the prison one condemned for murder, called Barabbas, and this Jesus who stands before you, in whom I find no fault. Whom do you wish me to release to you? But they cried out: ‘Barabbas.’ Pilate said: ‘Then what shall I do with Jesus who is called Christ?’ The Jews cried out: ‘Let him be crucified’ (Mt.27:15). But some of the Jews answered: ‘You are not Caesar’s friend if you release this man (Jn.19:12), for he called himself the Son of God and a king. You wish him therefore to be king and not Caesar.’ 2. And Pilate was angry and said to the Jews: ‘Your nation is always seditious and in rebellion against your benefactors.’ The Jews asked: ‘What benefactors?’ Pilate answered: ‘As I have heard, your God brought you out of Egypt out of hard slavery, and led you safe through the sea as if it had been dry land, and in the wilderness nourished you and gave you manna and quails, and gave you water to drink from a rock, and gave you the law. And despite all this you provoked the anger of your God: you wanted a molten calf and angered your God, and he wished to destroy you; and Moses made supplication for you, and you were not put to death. And now you accuse me of hating the emperor.’
3. And he rose up from the judgement‑seat and sought to go out. And the Jews cried out: ‘We know as king Caesar alone and not Jesus. For indeed the wise men brought him gifts from the east, as if he were a king. And when Herod heard from the wise men that a king was born, he sought to slay him. But when his father Joseph knew that, he took him and his mother, and they fled into Egypt. And when Herod heard it, he destroyed the children of the Hebrews who were born in Bethlehem.’
4. When Pilate heard these words, he was afraid. And he silenced the multitudes, because they were crying out, and said to them: ‘So this is he whom Herod sought?’ The Jews replied: ‘Yes, this is he. ‘And Pilate took water and washed his hands before the sun and said: ‘I am innocent of the blood of this righteous man. You see to it.’ Again the Jews cried out: ‘His blood be on us and on our children’ (Mt.27:24).
5. Then Pilate commanded the curtain to be drawn before the judgement‑seat on which he sat, and said to Jesus: ‘Your nation has convicted you of claiming to be a king. Therefore I have decreed that you should first be scourged according to the law of the pious emperors, and then hanged on the cross in the garden where you were seized. And let Dysmas and Gestas, the two malefactors, be crucified with you.’
X. And Jesus went out from the praetorium, and the two malefactors with him. And when they came to the place, they stripped him and girded him with a linen cloth and put a crown and put a crown of thorns on his head. Likewise they hanged up also the two malefactors. But Jesus said: ‘Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.’ (Lk.23:34). And the soldiers parted his garments among them. And the people stood looking at him. And the chief priests and the rulers with them scoffed at him, saying: ‘He saved others, let his save himself. If he is the Son of God, let him come down from the cross.’ And the soldiers also mocked him, coming and offering him vinegar with gall, and they said: ‘If you are the king of the Jews, save yourself’ (Lk.23:35). And Pilate after the sentence commanded the crime brought against him to be written as a title in Greek, Latin and Hebrew, according to the accusation of the Jews that he was king of the Jews (Jn.19:19).
2. One of the malefactors who were crucified said to him: ‘If you are the Christ, save yourself and us.’ But Dysmas answering rebuked him: ‘Do you not at all fear God, since you are in the same condemnation? And we indeed justly. For we are receiving the due reward of our deeds. But this man has done nothing wrong.’ And he said to Jesus: ‘Lord, remember me in your kingdom.’ And Jesus said to him: ‘Truly, I say to you, today you will be with me in paradise’ (Lk.23:39).
XI. And it was about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over the land until the ninth hour, for the sun was darkened. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. And Jesus cried with a loud voice: ‘Father, baddach ephkid rouel,’ which means: ‘Into thy hands I commit my spirit.’ And having said this he gave up the ghost. And when the centurion saw what had happened, he praised God, saying: ‘This man was righteous.’ And all the multitudes who had come to this sight, when they saw what had taken place, beat their breasts and returned (LK. 23:44‑48).
2. But the centurion reported to the governor what had happened. And when the governor and his wife heard, they were greatly grieved, and they neither at nor drank on that day. And Pilate sent for the Jews and said to them: ‘Did you see what happened?’ But they answered: ‘There was an eclipse of the sun in the usual way.’
3. And his acquaintances had stood far off and the women who had come with him from Galilee, and saw these things. But a certain man named Joseph, a member of the council, from the town of Arimathea, who also was waiting for the kingdom of God, this man went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. And he took it down, and wrapped it in a clean linen cloth, and placed it in a rock‑hewn tomb, in which no one had ever yet been laid (LK.23:50‑53).
XII. When the Jews heard that Joseph had asked for the body, they sought for him and the twelve men who said that Jesus was not born of fornication, and for Nicodemus and for many others, who had come forward before Pilate and made known his good works. But they all hid themselves, and only Nicodemus was seen by them, because he was a ruler of the Jews. And Nicodemus said to them: ‘How did you enter into the synagogue?’ The Jews answered him: ‘How did you enter into the synagogue? You are an accomplice of his, and his portion shall be with you in the world to come.’ Nicodemus said: ‘Amen, amen.’ Likewise also Joseph came forth (from his concealment?) and said to them: ‘Why are you angry with me, because I asked for the body of Jesus? See, I have placed it in my new tomb, having wrapped it in clean linen, and I rolled a stone before the door of the cave. And you have not done well with the righteous one, for you did not repent of having crucified him, but also pierced him with a spear.’
Then the Jews seized Joseph and commanded him to be secured until the first day of the week. They said to him: ‘Know that the hour forbids us to do anything against you, because the Sabbath dawns. But know also that you will not even be counted worthy of burial, but we shall give your flesh to the birds of heaven.’ Joseph answered: ‘This word is like that of the boastful Goliath, who insulted the living God and the holy David. For God said by the prophet: Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord (Rom.12:19/ Deut.32:35). And now he who is uncircumcised in the flesh, but circumcised in heart, took water and washed his hands before the sun, saying: I am innocent of the blood of this righteous man. You see to it. And you answered Pilate: His blood be on us and our children (Mt. 27:25). And now I fear lest the wrath of God come upon you and your children, as you said.’ When the Jews heard these words, they were embittered in their hearts, and laid hold on Joseph and seized him and shut him in a building without a window, and guards remained at the door. And they sealed the door of the place where Joseph was shut up.
2. And on the Sabbath the rulers of the synagogue and the priests and the Levites ordered that all should present themselves in the synagogue on the first day of the week. And the whole multitude rose up early and took counsel in the synagogue by what death they should kill him. And when the council was in session they commanded him to be brought with great dishonor. And when they opened the door they did not find him. And all the people were astonished and filled with consternation because they found the seals undamaged, and Caiaphas had the key. And they dared no longer to lay hands on those who had spoken before Pilate on behalf of Jesus.
XIII. And while they still sat in the synagogue and marveled because of Joseph, there came some of the guard which the Jews had asked from Pilate to guard the tomb of Jesus, lest his disciples should come and steal him. And they told the rulers of the synagogue and the priests and the Levites what had happened: how there was a great earthquake. ‘And we saw an angel descend from heaven, and he rolled away the stone from the mouth of the cave, and sat upon it, and shone like snow and like lightning. And we were in great fear, and lay like dead men (Mt.28:2‑4). And we heard the voice of the angel speaking to the women who waited at the tomb: Do not be afraid. I know that you seek Jesus who was crucified. He is not here. He has risen, as he said. Come and see the place where the Lord lay. And go quickly and tell his disciples that he has risen from the dead and is in Galilee’ (Mt.28:5‑7).
2. The Jews asked: ‘To what women did he speak?’ The members of the guard answered: ‘We do not know who they were.’ The Jews said: ‘At what hour was it?’ The members of the guard answered: ‘At midnight.’ The Jews said: ‘And why did you not seize the women?’ The members of the guard said: ‘We were like dead men through fear, and gave up hope of seeing the light of day; how could we then have seized them?’ The Jews said: ‘As the Lord lives, we do not believe you.’ The members of the guard said to the Jews: ‘So many signs you saw in that man and you did not believe; and how can you believe us? You rightly swore: As the Lord lives. For he does live.’ Again the members of the guard said: ‘We have heard that you shut up him who asked for the body of Jesus, and sealed the door, and that when opened it you did not find him. Therefore give us Joseph and we will give you Jesus.’ The Jews said: ‘Joseph has gone to his own city.’ And the members of the guard said to the Jews: ‘And Jesus has risen, as we heard from the angel, and is in Galilee.’
3. And when the Jews heard these words, they feared greatly and said: ‘(Take heed) lest this report be heard and all incline to Jesus.’ And the Jews took council, and offered much money and gave it to the soldiers of the guard, saying: ‘Say that when you were sleeping his disciples came by night and stole him. And if this is heard by the governor, we will persuade him and keep you out of trouble. (Mt. 28:12‑14).
XIV. Now Phinees a priest and Adas a teacher and Angaeus a Levite came from Galilee to Jerusalem, and told the rulers of the synagogue and the priests and the Levites: ‘We saw Jesus and his disciples sitting upon the mountain which is called Mamilch. And he said to his disciples: Go into all the world and preach the gospel tot the whole creation. He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover (Mk. 16:15‑18). And while Jesus was still speaking to his disciples, we say him taken up into heaven.’
2. Then the elders and the priests and the Levites said: ‘Give glory to the God of Israel, and confess before him if you indeed heard and saw what you have described.’ Those who told them said: ‘As the Lord God of our fathers Abraham, Isaac and Jacob lives, we heard these things and saw him taken up to heaven.’ The elders and the priests and the Levites said to them: ‘Did you come to tell us this, or did you come to offer prayer to God?’ They answered: ‘To offer prayer to God.’ The elders and the chief priests and the Levites said to them: ‘If you came to offer prayer to God, to what purpose is this idle tale which you have babbled before all the people?’ Phinees the priest and Adas the teacher and Angaeus the Levite said to the rulers of the synagogue and priests and Levites: ‘If the words which we spoke <concerning what we heard> and saw are sin, see, we stand before you. Do with us as it seems good in your eyes.’ And they took the law and adjured them to tell this no more to any one. And they gave them to eat and drink, and sent them out of the city, having given them money and three men to accompany them, and ordered them to depart as far as Galilee; and they went away in peace.
3. But when those men had departed to Galilee, the chief priests and the rulers of the synagogue and the elders assembled in the synagogue, and shut the gate, and raised a great lamentation, saying: ‘Why has this sign happened in Israel?’ But Annas and Caiaphas said: ‘Why are you troubled? Why do you weep? Do you not know that his disciples gave much money to the guards of the tomb, <took away his body> and taught them to say that an angel descended from heaven and rolled away the stone from the door of the tomb?’ But the priests and the elders replied: ‘Let it be that his disciples stole his body. But how did the soul enter again into the body, so that Jesus now waits in Galilee?’ (But they, unable to give an answer, came with difficulty to say: ‘It is not lawful for us to believe the uncircumcised.’)
XV. And Nicodemus stood up and stood before the council and said: ‘What you say is right. You know, people of the Lord, that the men who came from Galilee fear God and are men of substance, that they hate covetousness, and are men of peace. And they have declared on oath: We saw Jesus on the mountain Mamilch with his disciples. He taught them what you have heard from them. And we saw him (they said) taken up into heaven. And no one asked them in what manner he was taken up. Just as the holy scriptures tell us that Elijah also was taken up into heaven, and Elisha cried with a loud voice, and Elijah cast his sheepskin cloak upon Elisha, and Elisha cast his cloak upon the Jordan, and crossed over and went to Jericho. and the sons of the prophets met him and said: Elisha, where is your master Elijah? And he said that he was taken up into heaven. But they said to Elisha: Has perhaps a spirit caught him up and cast him on one of the mountains? But let us take our servants with us and search for him. And they persuaded Elisha, and he went with them. And they searched for him for three days and did not find him, and they knew that he had been taken up (2 Kings 2). And now listen to me, and let us send to every mountain of Israel and see whether the Christ was taken up by a spirit and cast upon a mountain.’ And this proposal pleased them all. And they sent to every mountain of Israel, and searched for Jesus and did not find him. But they found Joseph in Arimathea and no one dared to seize him.
2. And when they told the elders and the priests and the Levites: ‘We went about to every mountain in Israel, and did not find Jesus. But Joseph we found in Arimathea.’ And when they heard about Joseph, they rejoiced and gave glory to the God of Israel. And the rulers of the synagogue and the priests and the Levites took council how they should meet with Joseph, and they took a roll of papyrus and wrote to Joseph these words. ‘Peace be with you. We know that we have sinned against God against you, and we have prayed to the God of Israel that you should condescend to come to your fathers and your children, because we are all troubled. For when we opened the door we did not find you. We know that we devised an evil plan against you; but the Lord helped you, and the Lord himself has brought to nothing our plan against you, honored father Joseph.’
3. and they chose from all Israel seven men who were friends of Joseph, whom also Joseph himself acknowledged as friends, and the rulers of the synagogue and the priests and the Levites said to them: ‘See! If he receives our letter and reads it, know that he will come with you to us. But if he does not read it, know that he is angry with us, and salute him in peace and return to us.’ And they blessed the men and dismissed them. and the men came to Joseph and greeted him with reverence, and said to him: ‘Peace be with you!’ He replied: ‘Peace be with you and all Israel!’ And they gave him the roll of the letter. Joseph took it and read it and kissed the letter, and blessed God and said: ‘Blessed be God, who has delivered the Israelites from shedding innocent blood. And blessed be the Lord, who sent his angel and sheltered me under his wings.’ And he set a table before them, and they ate and drank and lay down there.
4. And they rose up early in the morning and prayed. And Joseph saddled his she‑ass and went with the men, and they came tot the holy city Jerusalem. And all the people met Joseph and cried: ‘Peace be to your entering in!’ And he said to all the people: ‘Peace be with you!’ And all kissed him, and prayed with Joseph, and were beside themselves with joy at seeing him. And Nicodemus received him into his house and made a great feast, and called the elders and the priests and the Levites to his house, and they made merry, eating and drinking with Joseph. And after singing a hymn each one went to his house; but Joseph remained in the house of Nicodemus.
5. And on the next day, which was the preparation, the rulers of the synagogue and the priests and the Levites rose up early and came to the house of Nicodemus. Nicodemus met them and said: ‘Peace be with you!’ They answered: ‘Peace be with you and with Joseph and with all your house and with all the house of Joseph!’ And he brought them into his house. And the whole council sat down, and Joseph sat between Annas and Caiaphas. And no one dared to speak a word to him. And Joseph said: ‘Why have you called me?’ And they beckoned to Nicodemus to speak to Joseph. Nicodemus opened his mouth and said to Joseph: ‘Father, you know that the honorable teachers and the priests and the Levites wish information from you.’ Joseph answered: ‘Ask me.’ And Annas and Caiaphas took the law and adjured Joseph, saying: ‘Give glory to the God of Israel and make confession to him. For Achan also, when adjured by the prophet Joshua, did not commit perjury, but told him everything and concealed nothing from him (Joshua 7). So do you also not conceal from us a single word.’ Joseph answered: ‘I will not conceal anything from you.’ And they said to him: ‘We were very angry because you asked for the body of Jesus, and wrapped it in a clean cloth, and placed it in a tomb. And for this reason we secured you in a house with no window, and locked and sealed the door, and guards watched where you were shut up. And on the first day of the week we opened it, and did not find you, and were much troubled, and all the people of God were amazed until yesterday. And now tell us what happened to you.’
6. And Joseph said: ‘On the day of preparation about the tenth hour you shut me in, and I remained the whole Sabbath. And at midnight as I stood and prayed, the house where you shut me in was raised up by the four corners, and I saw as it were a lightning flash in my eyes. Full of fear I fell to the ground. and someone took me by the hand and raised me up from the place where I had fallen, and something moist like water flowed from my head to my feet, and the smell of fragrant oil reached my nostrils. And he wiped my face and kissed me and said to me: Do not fear, Joseph. Open your eyes and see who it is who speaks with you. I looked up and saw Jesus. Trembling, I thought it was a phantom, and I said the (ten) commandments. And he said them with me. Now as you well know, a phantom immediately flees if it meets anyone and hears the commandments. And when I saw that he said them with me, I said to him: Rabbi Elijah! He said: I am not Elijah. And I said to him: Who are you, Lord? He replied: I am Jesus, whose body you asked for from Pilate, whom you clothed in clean linen, on whose face you placed a cloth, and whom you placed in your new cave, and you rolled a great stone to the door of the cave. And I asked him who spoke to me: Show me the place where I laid you. And he took me and showed me the place where I laid him. And the linen cloth lay there, and the cloth that was upon his face. Then I recognized that it was Jesus. And he took me by the hand and placed me in the middle of my house, with the doors shut, and led me to my bed and said to me: Peace be with you! Then he kissed me and said to me: Do not go out of your house for forty days. For see, I go to my brethren in Galilee.’
XVI. And when the rulers of the synagogue and the priests and the Levites heard these words from Joseph, they became as dead men and fell to the ground and fasted until the ninth hour. And Nicodemus and Joseph comforted Annas and Caiaphas and the priests and Levites, saying: ‘Get up and stand on your feet, and taste bread and strengthen your souls. For tomorrow is the Sabbath of the Lord.’ And they rose up and prayed to God, and ate and drank, and went each to his own house.
2. And on the Sabbath our teachers and the priests and the Levites sat and questioned one another, saying: ‘What is this wrath which has come upon us? For we know his father and his mother.’ Levi the teacher said: ‘I know that his parents fear God and do not withhold their prayers and pay tithes three times a year. And when Jesus was born, his parents brought him to this place, and gave God sacrifices and burnt offerings. And the great teacher Simeon took him in his arms and said: Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word; for mine eyes have seen thy salvation which thou hast prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to thy people Israel. And Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother: I give you good tidings concerning this child. And Mary said: Good, my Lord? And Symeon said to her: Good. Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed’ (Lk.2:28‑35).
3. They said to Levi the teacher: ‘How do you know this?’ Levi answered them: ‘Do you not know that I learned the law from him?’ The council said to him: ‘We wish to see your father.’ And they sent for his father. And when they questioned him, he said to them: ‘Why did you not believe my son? The blessed and righteous Symeon taught him the law.’ The council said: ‘Rabbi Levi, is the word true which you have spoken?’ He answered: ‘It is true.’ Then the rulers of the synagogue and the priests and the Levites said among themselves: ‘Come let us send to Galilee to the three men who came and told us of his teaching and of his being taken up, and let them tell us how they saw him taken up.’ And this word pleased them all. And they sent the three men who before had gone to Galilee with them, and said to them: ‘Say to Rabbi Adas and Rabbi Phinees and Rabbi Angaeus: Peace be with you and all who are with you. Since an important inquiry is taking place in the council, we were sent to you to call you to this holy place Jerusalem.’ 4. And the men went to Galilee and found them sitting and studying the law, and greeted them in peace. And the men who were in Galilee said to those who had come to them: ‘Peace be to all Israel.’ They answered: ‘Peace be with you.’ And again they said to them: ‘Why have you come?’ Those who had been sent replied: ‘The council calls you to the holy city Jerusalem.’ When the men heard that they were sought by the council, they prayed to God and sat down at table with the men and ate and drank, and then arose and came in peace to Jerusalem.
5. And on the next day the council sat in the synagogue and questioned them, saying: ‘Did you indeed see Jesus sitting on the mountain Mamilch, teaching his eleven disciples? And did you see him taken up?’ And the men answered them and said: ‘As we saw him taken up, so we have told you.’
6. Annas said: ‘Separate them from one another, and let us see if their accounts agree.’ And they separated them from one another. And they called Adas first and asked him: ‘How did you see Jesus taken up?’ Adas answered: ‘As he sat on the mountain Mamilch and taught his disciples, we saw that a cloud overshadowed him and his disciples. And the cloud carried him up to heaven, and his disciples lay on their faces on the ground.’ Then they called Phinees the priest and asked him also: ‘How did you see Jesus taken up?’ And he said the same thing. And again they asked Angaeus, and he said the same thing. Then the members of the council said: ‘At the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every matter be established’ (Deut.19:15). Abuthem the teacher said: ‘Also we have heard of the death of the holy Moses, and we do not know how he died. For it is written in the law of the Lord: And Moses died as the mouth of the Lord determined and no man knew of his sepulcher to this day’ (Deut.34:5). And Rabbi Levi said: ‘Why did Rabbi Symeon say, when he saw Jesus: Behold, this (child) is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against?’ (Lk.2:34). And Rabbi Isaac said: ‘It is written in the law: Behold, I send my messenger before your face. He will go before you to guard you in every good way. In him my name is named’ (Exod.23:20).
7. Then Annas and Caiaphas said: ‘You have rightly said what is written in the law of Moses, that no one know the death of Enoch and no one has named the death of Moses. But Jesus had to give account before Pilate; we saw how he received blows and spitting on his face, that the soldiers put a crown of thorns upon him, that he was scourged and condemned by Pilate and then was crucified at the place of a skull; he was given vinegar and gall to drink, and Longinus the soldier pierced his side with a spear. Our honorable father Joseph asked for his body; and, he says, he rose again. And the three teachers declare: We say him taken up into heaven. And Rabbi Levi spoke and testified to the words of Rabbi Symeon: Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against.’ And all the teachers said to all the people of the Lord: ‘If this is from the Lord, and it is marvelous in your eyes, you shall surely know, O house of Jacob, that it is written: Cursed is every one who hangs on a tree (Deut.21:23). And another passage of scripture teaches: The gods who did not make the heaven and the earth shall perish (Jer.10:11).’ And the priests and the Levites said to one another: ‘If Jesus is remembered after fifty years, he will reign for ever and create for himself a new people.’ Then the rulers of the synagogue and the priests and the Levites admonished all Israel: ‘Cursed is the man who shall worship the work of man’s hand, and cursed is the man who shall worship created things alongside the creator.’ And the people answered: ‘Amen, amen.’
8. And all the people praised the Lord God and sang: ‘Blessed be the Lord who has given rest to the people of Israel according to all his promises. Not one word remains unfulfilled of all the good which he promised to his servant Moses. May the Lord our God be with us as he was with our fathers. May he not forsake us. May he not let the will die in us, to turn our heart to him, and walk in all his ways, and keep him commandments and laws which he gave to our fathers. And the Lord shall be king over all the earth on that day. And there shall be one God and his name shall be one, our Lord and king. He shall save us. There is none like thee, O Lord. Great art thou, O Lord, and great is thy name. Heal us, O Lord, in thy power, and we shall be healed. Save us, Lord, and we shall be saved. For we are thy portion and inheritance. The Lord will not forsake his people for his great name’s sake, for the Lord has begun to make us his people.’ After this hymn of praise they all departed, every man to his house, glorifying God. For his is the glory for ever and ever. Amen.
CHRIST’S DESCENT INTO HELL
I (XVII). Joseph said: ‘Why then do you marvel at the resurrection of Jesus? It is not this that is marvelous, but rather that he was not raised alone, but raised up many other dead men who appeared to many in Jerusalem. And if you do not know the others, yet Symeon, who took Jesus in his arms, and his two sons, whom he raised up, you do know. For we buried them a little while ago. And now their sepulchers are to be seen opened and empty, but they themselves are alive and dwelling in Arimathea.’ They therefore sent men, and they found their tombs opened and empty. Joseph said: ‘Let us go to Arimathea and find them.’
2. Then arose the chief priests Annas and Caiaphas, and Joseph and Nicodemus and Gamaliel and others with them, and went to Arimathea and found the men of whom Joseph spoke. So they offered prayer, and greeted one another. Then they went with them to Jerusalem, and they brought them into the synagogue, and secured the doors, and the chief priests placed the Old Testament of the Jews in the midst and said to them: ‘We wish to you to swear by the God of Israel and by Adonai and so speak the truth, how you arose and who raised you from the dead.’
3. When the men who had risen heard that, they signed their faces with the sign of the cross, and said to the chief priests: ‘Give us paper and ink and pen.’ So they brought these things. And they sat down and wrote as follows:
II (XVIII). ‘O Lord Jesus Christ, the resurrection and the life of the world, give us grace that we may tell of thy resurrection and of thy miracles which thou didst perform in Hades. We, then, were in Hades with all who have died since the beginning of the world. And at the hour of midnight there rose upon the darkness there something like the light of the sun and shone, and light fell upon us all, and we saw one another. And immediately our father Abraham, along with the patriarchs and the prophets, was filled with joy, and they said to one another: This shining comes from a great light. The Prophet Isaiah, who was present there, said: This shining comes from the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. This I prophesied when I was still living: The land of Zabulon and the land of Nephthalim, the people that sit in darkness saw a great light (9:1,2).
2. Then there came into the midst another, an anchorite from the wilderness. The patriarchs asked him: Who are you? He replied: I am John, the last of the prophets, who made straight the ways of the Son of God, and preached repentance to the people for the forgiveness of sins. And the Son of God came to me, and when I saw him afar off, I said to the people: Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world (Jn. 1:29). And with my hand I baptized him in the river Jordan, and I saw the Holy Spirit like a dove coming upon him, and heard also the voice of God the Father speaking thus: This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased (Mt. 3:16). And for this reason he sent me to you, to preach that the only begotten Son of God comes here, in order that whoever believes in him should be saved, and whoever does not believe in him should be condemned. Therefore I say to you all: When you see him, all of you worship him. For now only have you opportunity for repentance because you worshiped idols in the vain world above and sinned. At another time it is impossible.
III (XIX). Now when John was thus teaching those who were in Hades, the first‑created, the first father Adam heard, and said to his son Seth: My son, I wish you to tell the forefathers of the race of men and the prophets where I sent you when I fell into mortal sickness. And Seth said: Prophets and patriarchs, listen. My father Adam, the first‑created, when he fell into mortal sickness, sent me to the very gate of paradise to pray to God that he might lead me by an angel to the tree of mercy, that I might take oil and anoint my father, and he arise from his sickness. This also I did. And after my prayer an angel of the Lord came and asked me: What do you desire, Seth? Do you desire, because of the sickness of your father, the oil that raises up the sick, or the tree from which flows such oil? This cannot be found now. Therefore go and tell your father that after the completion of 5,500 years from the creation of the world, the only‑begotten Son of God shall become man and shall descend below the earth. And he shall anoint him with that oil. And he shall arise and wash him and his descendants with water and the Holy Spirit. And then he shall be healed of every disease. But this is impossible now. When the patriarchs and prophets heard this, they rejoiced greatly.
IV (XX). And while they were all so joyful, Satan the heir of darkness came and said to Hades: O insatiable devourer of all, listen to my words. There is one of the race of the Jews, Jesus by name, who calls himself the Son of God. But he is (only) a man, and at our instigation the Jews crucified him. And now that he is dead, be prepared that we may secure him here. For I know that he is (only) a man, and I heard him saying: My soul is very sorrowful, even to death (Mt. 26:38). He did me much mischief in the world above while he lived among mortal men. For wherever he found my servants, he cast them out, and all those whom I had made to be maimed or blind or lame or leprous or the like, he healed with only a word, and many whom I had made ready to be buried he also with only a word made alive again.
2. Hades said: Is he so powerful that he does such things with only a word? And if he is of such power, are you able to withstand him? It seems to me that no one will be able to withstand such as he is. But whereas you say that you heard how he feared death, he said this to mock and laugh at you, being determined to seize you with a strong hand. And woe, woe to you for all eternity. Satan answered: O all‑devouring and insatiable Hades, did you fear so greatly when you heard about our common enemy? I did not fear him, but worked upon the Jews, and they crucified him and gave him gall and vinegar to drink. Therefore prepare yourself to get him firmly into your power when he comes.
3. Hades answered: O heir of darkness, son of perdition, devil, you have just told me that many whom you made ready to be buried he made alive again with only a word. If then he freed others from the grace, how and with what power will he be overcome by us? I a short time ago swallowed up a certain dead man called Lazarus, and soon afterwards one of the living snatched him up forcibly from my entrails with only a word. And I think it is the one of whom you speak. If, therefore, we receive him here, I fear lest we run the risk of losing the others also. For, behold, I see that all those whom I have swallowed up from the beginning of the world are disquieted. I have pain in the stomach. Lazarus who was snatched from me before seems to me no good sign. For not like a dead man, but like an eagle he flew away from me, so quickly did the earth cast him out. Therefore I adjure you by your gifts and mine, do not bring him here. For I believe that he comes here to raise all the dead. And I tell you this: By the darkness which surrounds us, if you bring him here, none of the dead will be left for me.
V (XXI). While Satan and Hades were speaking thus to one another, a loud voice like thunder sounded: Lift up your gates, O rulers, and be lifted up, O everlasting doors, and the King of glory shall come in (Ps. 23:7 LXX). ! ! ! (I really get excited over this one…..jp) When Hades heard this, he said to Satan: Go out, if you can, and withstand him. So Satan went out. Then Hades said to his demons: Make fast well and strongly the gates of brass and the bars of iron, and hold my locks, and stand upright and watch every point. For if he comes in, woe will seize us.
2. When the forefathers heard that, they all began to mock him, saying: O all‑devouring and insatiable one, open, that the King of glory may come in. The Prophet David said: Do you not know, blind one, that when I lived in the world, I prophesied that word: Lift up your gates, O rulers? (Ps. 23:7). Isaiah said: I foresaw this by the Holy Spirit and wrote: The dead shall arise, and those who are in the tombs shall be raised up, and those who are under the earth shall rejoice (26:19). O death, where is thy sting? O Hades, where is thy victory? (I Cor. 15:55, taken as referring to Isa. 25:8).
3. Again the voice sounded: Lift up the gates. When Hades heard the voice the second time, he answered as if he did not know it and said: Who is this King of glory? The angels of the Lord said: The Lord strong and mighty, the Lord mighty in battle (Ps. 23:8 LXX). And immediately at this answer the gates of brass were broken in pieces and the bars of iron were crushed and all the dead who were bound were loosed from their chains, and we with them. And the King of glory entered in like a man, and all the dark places of Hades were illumined.
VI (XXII). Hades at once cried out: We are defeated, woe to us. But who are you, who have such authority and power? And who are you, who without sin have come here, you who appear small and can do great things, who are humble and exalted, slave and master, soldier and king, and have authority over the dead and the living? You were nailed to the cross, and laid in the sepulcher, and now you have become free and have destroyed all our power. Are you Jesus, of whom the chief ruler Satan said to us that through the cross and death you would inherit the whole world?
2. Then the King of glory seized the chief ruler Satan by the head and handed him over to the angels, saying: Bind with iron fetters his hands and his feet and his neck and his mouth. Then he gave him to Hades and said: Take him and hold him fast until my second coming.
VII (XXIII). And Hades took Satan and said to him: O Beelzebub, heir of fire and torment, enemy of the saints, through what necessity did you contrive that the King of glory should be crucified, so that he should come here and strip us naked? Turn and see that not one dead man is left in me, but that all which you gained through the tree of knowledge you have lost through the tree of the cross. All your joy is changed into sorrow. You wished to kill the King of glory, but have killed yourself. For since I have received you to hold you fast, you shall learn by experience what evils I shall inflict upon you. O arch‑devil, the beginning of death, the root of sin, the summit of all evil, what evil did you find in Jesus that you went about to destroy him? How did you dare to commit such great wickedness? How were you bent on bringing down such a man into this darkness, through whom you have been deprived of all who have died since the beginning?
VIII (XXIV). While Hades was thus speaking with Satan, the King of glory stretched out his right hand, and took hold of our forefather Adam and raised him up. Then he turned also to the rest and said: Come with me, all you who have suffered death through the tree which this man touched. For behold, I raise you all up again through the tree of the cross. With that he put them all out. And our forefather Adam was seen to be full of joy, and said: I give thanks to thy majesty, O Lord, because thou hast brought me up from the lowest (depth of) Hades. Likewise also all the prophets and the saints said: We give thee thanks, O Christ, Saviour of the world, because thou hast brought up our life from destruction.
2. When they had said this, the Saviour blessed Adam with the sign of the cross on his forehead. And he did this also to the patriarchs and prophets and martyrs and forefathers, and he took them and leaped up out of Hades. And as he went the holy fathers sang praises, following him and saying: Blessed be he who comes in the name of the Lord. Alleluia (Ps. 118:26). To him be the glory of all the saints.
IX (XXV). Thus he went into paradise holding our forefather Adam by the hand, and he handed him over and all the righteous to Michael the archangel. And as they were entering the gate of paradise, two old men met them. The holy fathers asked them: Who are you, who have not seen death nor gone down into Hades, but dwell in paradise with your bodies and souls? One of them answered: I am Enoch, who pleased God and was removed here by him. And this is Elijah the Tishbite. We shall live until the end of the world. But then we shall be sent by God to withstand Antichrist and to be killed by him. And after three days we shall rise again and be caught up in clouds to meet the Lord.
X (XXVI). While they were saying this there came another, a humble man, carrying a cross on his shoulder. The holy fathers asked him: Who are you, who have the appearance of a robber, and what is the cross you carry on your shoulder? He answered: I was, as you say, a robber and a thief in the world, and therefore the Jews took me and delivered me to the death of the cross together with our Lord Jesus Christ. When, therefore, he hung on the cross, I saw the wonders which happened and believed in him. And I appealed to him and said: Lord, when you reign as king, do not forget me. And immediately he said to me: Truly, truly, today, I say to you, you shall be with me in paradise (Lk.23:43). So I came into paradise carrying my cross, and found Michael the archangel, and said to him: Our Lord Jesus Christ, who was crucified, has sent me here. Lead me, therefore, to the gate of Eden. And when the flaming sword saw the sign of the cross, it opened to me and I went in. Then the archangel said to me: Wait a short while. For Adam also, the forefather of the race of men, comes with the righteous, that they also may enter in. And now that I have seen you, I have come to meet you. When the saints heard this, they all cried with a loud voice: Great is our Lord, and great is his power.
XI (XXVII). All this we saw and heard, we two brothers who also were sent by Michael the archangel and were appointed to preach the resurrection of the Lord, but first to go to the Jordan and be baptized. There also we went and were baptized with other dead who had risen again. Then we went to Jerusalem also and celebrated the Passover of the resurrection. But now we depart, since we cannot remain here. And the love of God the Father and the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all (2 Cor. 13:14).’ When they had written this and had sealed the books, they gave half to the chief priests and half to Joseph and Nicodemus. And they immediately vanished. To the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Amen. END.
Mysterious Visitors PDF – mysterious-visitors
For Your Health PDF – Dietary-Laws
The last time I ever saw Anthony Sherman was on the 4th of July, 1859, in Independence Square. He was then 99 years old, and becoming very feeble. But though so old, his dimming eyes rekindled as he gazed upon Independence Hall, which he came to visit once more.
“Let’s all go to the hall,” he said. I want to tell you an incident of Washington’s life—one which no one alive knows of except myself; and if you live, you will before long, see it verified.”
“From the opening of the Revolution we experienced all phases of fortune, now good and now in one time victorious and another conquered. The darkest period we had, I think, was when Washington, after several reverses, retreated to Valley Forge where he resolved to pass the winter of 1777. Ah! I have often seen our dear commander’s care-worn cheeks, as he would be conversing with a confidential officer about the condition of his poor soldiers. You have doubtless heard the story of Washington’s going to the thicket to pray. Well, it was not only true, but he used often to pray in secret for aid and comfort from God, the interposition of whose divine providence brought us safely through the darkest days of tribulation.
“One day, I remember well, the chilly wind whistled through the leafless trees, though the sky was cloudless and the sun shone brightly, he remained in his quarters nearly all the afternoon alone. When he came out, I noticed that his face was a shade paler than usual, and there seemed to be something on his mind of more than ordinary importance. Returning just after dusk, he dispatched an orderly to the quarters of the officer I mentioned who was presently in attendance. After a preliminary conversation of about half an hour, Washington, gazing upon his companion with that strange look of dignity which he alone could command, said to the latter:
”I do not know whether it is owing to the anxiety of my mind, or what, but this afternoon, as I was sitting at this table engaged in preparing a dispatch, something seemed to disturb me. Looking up, I beheld standing opposite me a singularly beautiful female. So astonished was I, for I had given strict orders not to be disturbed that it was some moments before I found language to inquire the cause of her presence. A second, a third, and even a fourth time did I repeat my question, but no answer from my mysterious visitor except a slight raising of her eyes.
“Presently, I heard a voice saying, ‘Son of the Republic, look and learn,’ while at the same time my visitor extended her arm eastwardly. I now beheld a heavy white vapor at some distance rising fold upon fold. This gradually dissipated, and looked upon a strange scene. Before me lay spread out in the vast plain all the countries of the world–Europe, Asia, Africa and America. I saw rolling and tossing between Europe and America, the billows of the Atlantic, and between Asia and America lay the Pacific. ‘Son of the Republic,’ said the mysterious voice as before, ‘look and learn.’ At that moment I beheld a dark, shadowy being, like an angel, standing, or rather floating in mid air, between Europe and America. Dipping water out of the ocean in the hollow of each hand, he sprinkled some upon America with his right hand, while with his left hand he cast some on Europe. immediately a cloud raised from these countries, and joined in mid-ocean. For awhile it remained stationary, and then moved slowly westward, until it enveloped America in it’s murky folds. Sharp flashes of lightning gleamed through it at intervals, and I heard the smothered groans and cries of the American people. A second time the angel dipped water from the ocean, and sprinkled it out as before. The dark cloud was then drawn back to the ocean, in whose heaving billows it sank from view. A third time I heard the mysterious voice saying ‘Son of the Republic, look and learn,’ I cast my eyes upon America and beheld villages and towns and cities springing up one after another until the whole land from the Atlantic to the Pacific was dotted with them. Again, I heard the mysterious voice say, ‘Son of the Republic, the end of the century cometh, look and learn.’
”At this, the dark shadowy angel turned his face southward, and from Africa I saw an ill-omened spectre approach our land. It flitted slowly over town and city of the latter. The inhabitants presently set themselves in battle against each other. As I continued looking, I saw a bright angel, on whose brow rested a crown of light, on which was traced the word ‘Union,’ bearing the American Flag which he placed between the divided nation, and said, ‘Remember ye are brethren.’ Instantly, the inhabitants, casting from them their weapons became friends once more, and united under the National Standard.
“And again, I heard the mysterious voice saying, ‘Son of the Republic, look and learn.’ At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: from each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. And throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America, which country was enveloped in the volume of cloud. And I dimly saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns, and cities that beheld springing up. As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of the swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat. I again heard the mysterious voice saying, ‘Son of the Republic, look and learn.’ When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long and fearful blast.
“Instantly, a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word ‘Union’, and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well-nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up there broken ranks and renewed the battle. Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, ‘Son of the Republic, look and learn.’ As the voice ceased the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly, the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious.
“Then once more I beheld the villages, towns and cities springing up where I had seen them before, while the bright angel, planting the azure standard he had brought in the midst of them, cried with a loud voice: ‘While the stars remain, and the heavens send down dew upon the earth, so long shall the Union last.” And taking from his brow the crown on which blazoned the word ‘Union’, he placed it upon the standard while the people, kneeling down, said, ‘Amen’.
“The scene instantly began to fade and dissolve, and I at last saw nothing but the rising, curling vapor I at first beheld. This also disappearing, I found myself once more gazing upon the mysterious visitor, who, in the same voice I had heard before, said, ‘Son of the Republic, what you have seen is thus interpreted. Three perils will come upon the Republic. The most fearful is the third. Passing which the whole world united shall not prevail against her. Let every child of the Republic learn to live for his God, his land, and Union.’ With these words the vision vanished, and I started from my seat and felt that I had seen a vision wherein had been shown me the birth, progress, and destiny of the United States.
“Such, my friends,” concluded the venerable narrator, “were the words I heard from Washington’s own lips, and America will do well to profit by them.”